How to Permanently Erase Data before Selling MacBook?
by Shirly Chen, 2018-08-22
"Hi, I will sell a MacBook to my friend. But, I have stored thousands of private videos, photos, documents on this MacBook. I try to delete some files and empty the trash bin. But after I run data recovery scan with Mac data recovery software, the deleted files still can be found. Before I sell this MacBook, I want to permanently erase all my private data, how can I do that?" - Carlos
If at any time you plan to sell your MacBook due to an economic emergency or you simply want to acquire a more current one and you need to complete the money for it, but you are worried that the data contained in your hard disk has not been permanently deleted or that you can be recovered through some data recovery software. We know how complicated it is to erase data permanently under Mac OS, but now we will show you a very effective and simple way to help you permanently delete your data before selling your MacBook without worries of any kind.
Best tool for wiping data before selling MacBook
It is true that if you use Disk Utility or restore the MacBook to its factory settings, it is still possible to recover the data that has been removed from the MacBook. So if you are going to sell your MacBook and wish to eliminate all the data contained in your hard drive, you will need a tool specially designed for Mac OS that allows you to carry out that task successfully.
We present DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac, which is a powerful data erasure tool specially designed to format/erase hard disks so that you can permanently eliminate any trace of information that has been left without leaving the least chance of recovery. This is because DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac has a specially programmed data detection algorithm to make sure that all the data contained in the hard drive of the MacBook you wish to sell is permanently deleted safely and without any possibility of recovery.
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac is very easy to use the tool. Just download and install DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac on your MacBook. Then run it from Launchpad to help you permanently erase data from your MacBook.
Permanently erase data before selling MacBook with Super Eraser
You just need to do two things: 1. Run DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac on your MacBook; 2. Choose a data erasure mode to help you permanently erase data. DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac give you three data erasure modes to permanently erase data from MacBook in different situations.
Mode 1: Erase existing files/folders permanently from MacBook.
If you want to permanently erase some files/folders on your MacBook, just select this mode. Add or drop the files/folders to the erasure list, then DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac will help you permanently erase the selected files/folders.
Mode 2: Wipe hard drive on MacBook.
If you want to permanently erase data on a hard drive, this mode will help you. It will wipe the entire hard drive on MacBook and permanently erase all your data on the hard drive.
Mode 3: Erase already deleted/lost data on the MacBook.
Only want to permanently erase deleted data on MacBook? This mode can help you wipe free disk space to permanently erase already deleted/lost data on the MacBook. It will not erase existing data on your MacBook.
Before you sell your MacBook, you’d better permanently erase your private data or deleted data on MacBook. DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac can help you permanently erase your data before you sell your MacBook in an easy & secure way. Just free download it here:
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?