How to Permanently Erase Data from Sony SD Card on Mac?
by Shirly Chen, 2018-08-29
"Hi, I have an old Sony digital camera and will sell it. Is it possible to permanently wipe the data on the Sony SD card inside the camera before I sell it? I am a Mac user, so want to a solution to permanently erase data from Sony SD card on Mac." - Larli
There comes a time when we have to say goodbye to a Sony SD card for various reasons from selling it, giving it away or simply discarding it, but we are very concerned that someone can recover the data that was contained inside. While Mac Disk Utility can format the Sony SD card and leave it without data, it can not permanently remove the traces of data contained because data recovery software can easily recover the erased data, so we need a much more effective option.
Secure way to permanently erase data from Sony SD card on Mac
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac is what you need, as it is an application specially designed to remove data from Sony SD cards effectively under Mac OS in a few minutes. DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac makes this possible thanks to a tracking algorithm that thoroughly examines the logical structure of the Sony SD card so that all data is destroyed permanently so that no data recovery software can bring them back, which means you can get rid of that Sony SD card without worries.
Permanently remove data on Sony SD card on Mac using DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac.
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac is complete DIY data erasure software for Mac. So you can permanently and safely delete all the data you have previously stored on Sony SD cards without fear of someone recovering that data:
Step 1: Download and install DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac.
Download and install DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac on your Mac. Once installed, run it from your Mac's Launchpad to start deleting data permanently from your Sony SD card by simply selecting it from the main menu.
Step 2: Choose data erasure mode.
In the main interface of DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac, you can see three data erasure modes. It can help you permanently erase data from Sony SD card on Mac in different situations:
- Erase Files/Folders – permanently erase files/folders from Sony SD card under Mac OS. Just add the files/folders from Sony SD card to the erasure list. Then erase the selected files/folders permanently.
- Wipe Hard Drive – erase the entire Sony SD card to format the Sony SD card and permanently erase all data on the Sony SD card under Mac OS.
- Wipe Free Space – erase all already deleted/lost data on the Sony SD card without affecting the existing data on the Sony SD card.
Step 3: Permanently erase the selected data on Sony SD card under Mac OS.
Click on "Erase Now" or "Wipe Now" button to permanently erase data from Sony SD card on Mac. Once the process gets finished, the selected data on the Sony SD card will be permanently erased.
It is the secure and efficient to permanently erase data from Sony SD card on Mac. DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac also can help you permanently erase data from other devices like HDD/SSD, digital camera, USB flash drive, memory card, etc.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?