Permanently Erase Data from Damaged USB Flash Drive on Mac
by Shirly Chen, 2018-08-23
It is strongly recommended to permanently erase data from damaged USB flash drive before you dispose or recycle it. Now, for Mac users, here is an easy and secure method to help them permanently erase data from damaged flash drive on Mac. This solution also can fix the damaged USB flash drive on your Mac. You need to download DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac at first.
Many times a USB flash drive ends up being damaged for some reason and we choose to discard it, but despite presenting some type of damage, the information contained inside can be accessed and/or recovered by questioning our data privacy. So it is advisable to eliminate all traces of information contained before discarding it, but often the formatting is not enough because there is a large amount of software that allows recovering and restoring the information contained in the USB flash drive even if it is damaged, as well that a Mac tool is needed to prevent this from happening.
How to permanently erase data on damaged USB flash drives under Mac OS?
Although Mac OS has a Disk Utility that is a factory application that allows data to be deleted in storage device, it is often not effective to eliminate them correctly, because as we mentioned there is a probability of recovering that data with data recovery software. So we present DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac that is a powerful data erasure tool specially designed to destroy information permanently even in damaged USB flash drive.
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac is a very simple tool to use. You just have to follow a few steps to be able to permanently wipe data on a damaged USB flash drive under Mac OS.
Step 1: Download and install DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac on your Mac. Then run it from Launchpad.
Step 2: Connect the damaged USB flash drive to your Mac via USB cable.
Step 3: Format the damaged USB flash drive to remove all information permanently contained by simply choosing the second option from the main menu "Wipe Hard Drive"
Select the damaged USB flash drive from the list of connected devices and click on the "Wipe Now" button to erase/format it.
Just by following these 3 steps when using DoYourData Super Eraser on your damaged USB flash drive you will have the complete assurance that nobody will be able to recover the data contained inside it after it has been discarded. All data is gone forever! DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac also supports to selectively shred files or only wipe deleted data on the damaged USB flash drive under Mac OS. Download DDoYourData Super Eraser for Mac here:
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?