How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
by Shirly Chen, 2018-04-19
"Hi, I will lend my MacBook to my friend. I am trying to delete some very private photos from iPhoto album. But, every time when I delete the photos, empty the Recently Delete folder, Mac trash bin – the photos still can be recovered after running data recovery program. Is there any solution to permanently delete photos from iPhoto. I don’t want to other people to see or recover these private photos." – Jessie
Well, if you save very important or sensitive photos like selfies, work images in iPhoto, you should permanently delete all of them before you lend, sell or donate your Mac computer. Yes, you can delete the photos from iPhoto, empty the Recently Deleted folder or securely empty the trash bin. But, please remember, your photos are not permanently lost. With free Mac data recovery software or other data recovery method, anyone else can easily restore all your deleted iPhoto photos – which you think are permanently deleted.
Is there any way can ‘really’ permanently delete photos/images from iPhoto album? Yes, but you need special data erasure tool at first. We recommend you to try DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac. It is a powerful data erasure program which supports to erase any type of file on Mac or storage media device. So, it can be the best iPhoto file eraser. It can help you securely and permanently shred, erase, delete the photos in iPhoto library.
Two ways to help you permanently delete photos in iPhoto
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac is a powerful yet easy-to-use data eraser. It not only can help you directly erase photos from iPhoto, but it also can help you permanently erase already deleted photos in iPhoto to avoid data recovery. Here are the two modes to help you permanently delete photos from iPhoto.
1. Permanently delete photos from iPhoto.
This mode – Erase Files/Folders can help you directly erase photos and images from iPhoto. Just run DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac, select the mode "Erase Files/Folders". Then add or select the photos from the iPhoto, click on "Erase Now" button. The selected photos will be permanently erased from your iPhoto album.
2. Permanently erase already deleted photos in iPhoto.
The deleted photos are stored in the free disk space on your Mac. Before new data overwrites the disk space of the deleted photos, you can easily recover all of them with data recovery software. This mode – Wipe Free Space can help you overwrite the free disk space with zero data and permanently erase the already deleted iPhoto photos. The operation is very simple.
Just run DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac and select the erasure mode "Wipe Free Space". Choose your Mac hard drive and click on "Wipe Now" button. All the deleted photos will be permanently erased.
Once the photos in iPhoto are erased by DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac, they will be lost forever, can’t be recovered by any data recovery method. So, please think carefully or back up your photos before you use DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac to erase them.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?