How to Securely Shred Mac Files?
by Shirly Chen, 2019-01-04
"Hi, I want to shred some files before selling an old Mac. Every time I deleted the files and emptied the trash bin, the deleted files could be recovered after data recovery software scanned my Mac hard drive. Is there any way to permanently shred files on Mac beyond recovery?" – Julia
You must know when you want to shred files on Mac
When you delete a file on your Mac, and empty the trash bin, is the file permanently lost? You may think you will never see the file again until the data recovery software recover it. Yes, Mac data recovery software can easily recover the deleted files, even you have formatted or erased the entire hard drive with disk utility.
The deleted or formatted data on your Mac can be recovered because that the data has not been damaged, it is just hidden on your Mac. You or other people can easily recover it with free data recovery tool. If you want to say good bye to your Mac files forever, you have to completely shred them and overwrite the disk space of the files to make data recovery impossible. So, you need "truly effective" solution to shred your Mac files.
How to securely and permanently shred Mac files?
Do you know how to shred Mac files?
It is very important to shred some files that contain your private or business information before you sell, discard or just give your Mac to other person. You don’t want to become the next victim of cyber crime, right? We don’t want to introduce a complex method to shred your Mac files because not everyone can understand professional information. We only want to introduce a Mac file shredding tool – DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac that can help you easily and securely shred Mac files.
- Shred all kinds of files on Mac including photos, documents, videos, audio files, emails, archives, etc.
- Shred files on Mac hard drive or storage media such as USB drive, digital camera, external hard disk, SD/Memory card.
- Shred both existing files and deleted files on Mac.
- Shred the virus-infected files on Mac.
- Selectively shred files on Mac or shred all files on Mac with only 1 click.
Download and install DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac:
Three modes to shred Mac files with DoYourData Super Eraser
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac is one of the most easy-to-use file shredders for Mac. It offers certified data erasure algorithms such as: HMG Infosec Standard 5, Baseline DOD 5220.22-M, U.S. Army AR380-19, Peter Gutmann's algorithm. It can help you securely and permanently erase files on Mac or from storage device.
In order to meet different needs of shredding files on Mac, this Mac file shredder offers three modes to help you shred files on Mac.
Mode 1: Selectively shred files on your Mac.
Run DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac and choose the mode – "Erase Files/Folders" to shred your Mac files selectively. If you want to shred some specific files or folders, just select them and click on "Erase Now" to securely shred the Mac files or folders. The selected files/folders will be permanently shredded.
Mode 2: Shred all current and deleted files on your Mac.
"Wipe hard drive" is designed to shred all the existing files, deleted files and all traces on your Mac hard drive or storage media. It will shred all the Mac data and format the selected hard drive or storage media.
Mode 3: Only shred deleted/lost files on Mac.
"Wipe free space" can keep your existing data safe and only shred the deleted/lost data to make it permanently lost from your Mac.
No matter which the mode you will choose, the shredded Mac files will be lost forever (never cause any physical damage to your Mac). After shredding Mac files with Super Eraser for Mac, the shredded files can’t be recovered by any data recovery software or data recovery service. It means the files disappeared forever.
Before you sell, donate, lend or giveaway your Mac, this is the secure solution for you to permanently shred you sensitive Mac files. Just download DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac here:
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?