How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
by Shirly Chen, 2017-12-01
A Solid State Drive is primarily used on Mac machine. If you want to recycle a SSD, formatting is the best way to remove all history data from the SSD. Today, we will talk about how to format or reformat SSD on Mac. You can run easy-to-use Mac disk formatting software to easily format internal SSD or external SSD under Mac OS.
Solution 1: format & quick format SSD on Mac
Disk Utility is a useful application inside your Mac system. It can help you format & quick format SSD on Mac. First of all, open it from Launchpad. It will list all hard drives and external hard drives on the Mac. Select the SSD and click on "Erase" button. Then Disk Utility will quickly format the SSD on your Mac.
Disk Utility can’t format the system SSD. And please note that after the SSD is formatted by Disk Utility, the data still can be recovered by Mac data recovery software. This is very easy solution to format or quick format Mac SSD. If you only want to recycle or reuse the SSD, this is the best solution to remove all old data on the Mac SSD. But if you are going to sell your Mac SSD, this is not the reliable way to remove sensitive data.
Solution 2: reformat or do high-level format on Mac SSD
If you want to sell, donate, lend or abandon a Mac computer/SSD, you should sure all the sensitive data on the Mac SSD has been permanently erased. Reformat or high-level format can help you permanently erase all data information on Mac SSD. Mac disk formatting software – DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac offers secure solution to reformat or high-level format Mac solid state drive. It will reformat the SSD on Mac and permanently erase all data on the SSD without affecting the service life of the Mac SSD.
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac is pretty simple to use. You can reformat your Mac SSD by only 1 click. First of all, just download and install DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac on your Mac computer. Then run it to quickly reformat your Mac SSD.
Step 1: Launch DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac on your Mac.
When you run DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac, you will see three data erasure modes. Choose this mode "Wipe Hard Drive".
Step 2: Reformat Mac SSD by 1 click.
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac will show all hard drives on your Mac. Select the SSD and click on "Wipe Now" button to reformat the SSD on your Mac.
Once the Mac SSD is reformatted by Mac SSD, all data on the SSD will be permanently lost, can’t be recovered by data recovery software. You also can’t reformat the system SSD. But DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac offers another solution to permanently erase data on the system SSD. It can erase the free disk space of the system SSD. Then all deleted or lost data on the system SSD will be permanently erased.
If you are going to dispose your old Mac computer or old SSD, DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac is the best tool for you to format the SSD on Mac and permanently remove all private data on the SSD.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?