Easy Way to Securely Erase Free Disk Space on Mac
by Shirly Chen, 2017-03-12
When you delete a file on Mac and empty the trash bin, the file is not permanently removed from your Mac hard drive. The deleted file is just hidden and store on the free disk space of the Mac hard drive till it is overwritten by other data. So, if you want to permanently delete sensitive data, you should erase the free disk space on Mac to permanently destroy the deleted/lost data on your Mac. And, erasing free disk space of hard drive will lead to a more clean/efficient Mac. In this article, we will show how to securely erase free disk space on Mac.
Free Mac Disk Space Data Erasure Software
Mac data erasure software can help you securely erase free disk space of hard drive or storage media under Mac OS. We have found the best Mac data erasure software for you, it is Super Eraser for Mac. This Mac data erasure software offers three modes to erase data including erasing free disk space.
Easily Erase Free Disk Space on Mac
With the help of Super Eraser for Mac, you can easily erase free disk space of Mac hard drive or storage media device. Just install Super Eraser for Mac on your Mac and launch it. It will show you three data erasure modes, just select "Wipe Free Space", and select the hard drive you want to erase. Then click on Wipe Now button, Super Eraser for Mac will help you erase the free disk space of the selected hard drive to permanently erase deleted/lost data and history traces on the selected hard drive.
It will not affect the existing data on your hard drive or device.
If you are going to sell or donate your Mac/device, you’d better to permanently erase your sensitive data. Deletion or format can’t destroy your data because the deleted/formatted data is store in the free disk space and can be easily recovered by Mac data recovery software. Super Eraser for Mac can help you securely erase free disk space on Mac, erase Mac trash bin. It is the best solution to wipe free space of Mac hard drive, memory card, external hard drive, digital camera, SD card, USB drive, etc. All the deleted/lost data will be permanently removed from your hard drive or device.
Super Eraser for Mac also can help you selectively erase files/folders from Mac hard drive or storage media device. And it can wipe entire hard drive to wipe all data permanently.
Shred selected files/folders on Mac
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac is able to selectively shred files/folders on Mac. It also can shred data from USB flash drive, memory card, digital camera, external hard drive, etc.
Wipe entire hard drive on Mac
This mode will erase all data on a hard drive, USB flash drive, memory card, digital camera, etc. All data on the hard drive will be permanently erased.
Free download DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac:
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?