Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Data Erasure Solution
by Shirly Chen, 2016-10-31
I have an old Mac with OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard operating system. Now I am planning to sell it on eBay.com to get money to buy a new MacBook Pro. However, before delivering it to the buyer, I want to make sure all the existing data and history data on the hard drive has been wiped off. I delete all my documents and empty the trash bin, but the deleted documents and other more files still can be recovered by a data recovery program on my Mac. Nowadays, data recovery programs are very popular. So people can recover my deleted documents, intentionally or unintentionally. How can I do to permanently erase hard drive data under Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard?
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Data Erasure Software
After many times of ‘search & try’, I find this powerful Mac data erasure program – DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac. Thank goodness. It supports for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. I download it and install it on my Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. It is pretty simple to use. Here I can show how it works to permanently destroy data under Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. If you are going to erase hard drive data under Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, you can follow these instructions.
Selectively Erase Files/Folders under Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
When I launch it on my Mac, it shows three data erasure modes on the left of the main interface. The first mode is "Erase Files/Folders". This mode is designed for permanently erasing selected files or folders on the Mac. I add some documents that contain my private data information, and click on "Erase Now" button. It is very fast. The selected files are permanently erased within a short time. This is a good option to destroy some files or folders under Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.
Wipe Entire Hard Drive under Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
This mode "Wipe Volume/Device" can erase all existing data and history data/traces on the selected hard drive volume under Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. Although it can’t wipe the volume that has installed the operating system, it is a good option to wipe other hard drives and external storage devices under Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. I just need to select the target hard drive or media and click on "Wipe Now" button, all the data on the selected hard drive/media will be permanently lost.
Erase Free Disk Space under Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
I love this mode. It only erases the deleted/lost files on my Mac and it will not affect the existing data/files. It is just like erasing Mac trash bin. All the deleted/lost files and disk traces on the Mac will be permanently erased.
Compared with other Mac OS X 10.6 data erasure solutions, DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac is much more efficient. I would like to recommend it to anyone who wants to permanently erase data under Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. And it has been developed for all popular Mac operating systems, from OS X 10.6 to latest macOS. So I will install it on my new MacBook Pro.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?