How to Permanently Erase Deleted Files on Mac?
by Shirly Chen, 2017-02-06
When you have deleted some files and empty the Mac trash bin, are those files permanently lost? NO! Those deleted files are still on your Mac hard drive after you empty Mac trash bin, and they can be easily found & recovered by most of data recovery programs. Anyone can recover your deleted data from emptied trash bin with easy-to-use file recovery freeware. As the files are deleted, you can’t see them on your Mac. So you can’t erase the sensitive content or those files, and can’t use secure deletion option to delete them again. Then, is there any way to permanently and completely erase those 'already deleted' files on Mac computer?
The deleted files are stored on the free disk space of the Mac hard drive. So if you want to permanently erase deleted files, you should find a tool to wipe the free disk space and overwrite the free disk space with zero or random bites.
Permanently Erase Deleted Files on Mac with Super Eraser for Mac
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac is a comprehensive data erasure tool. It offers an option to erase free disk space to permanently erase already deleted files and traces on Mac hard drive. Just free download DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac:
This option - Wipe Free Space will destroy and shred all deleted files, lost files on selected hard drive. Once the process gets finished, all the deleted files will permanently lost, can’t be found or recovered by any data recovery software. And it is very easy to use. Here are the steps.
Step 1: Choose Mac hard drive.
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac on your Mac computer, click to choose mode Wipe Free Space, and choose your Mac hard drive.
Step 2: Erase the deleted files on Mac.
Click on Wipe Now button to wipe the free disk space of your Mac hard drive and permanently erase already deleted/lost data on the Mac.
This option will only erase the deleted data, history traces on your Mac hard drive, it will not affect the existing files on your hard drive. It will make sure the already deleted files being permanently erased.
Why Need to Permanently Erase Deleted Files on Mac?
If you don’t have sensitive data on your Mac, you just need delete your files and empty the trash bin before you sell or give away your Mac computer. However, most of us have stored very private files on our Mac hard drive more or less, like pictures, family videos, business documents, etc. So before we sell or donate our Mac computer, it is very important to erase those already deleted files to avoid data leakage.
Now data recovery software is widely available on the internet, so you can’t make sure other people will not do data recovery on your Mac computer. To permanently prevent your deleted files from being recovered, you can use DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac to erase the free disk space to destroy all deleted files on your Mac hard drive.
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac also supports to erase deleted files from external hard drive, USB flash drive, memory card, digital camera, etc. It is the most powerful Mac data erasure software on the market.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?