How to Recover Reformatted USB Drive under Mac OS?
by Justin Kenny, 2017-06-01
"Hi, I have a corrupted USB flash drive, It can be recognized by my Mac. However, when I connect it with the Mac and try to open the USB drive, it pops up a Window to ask me to reformat the USB flash drive. So I have to reformat the USB drive and all my data is gone. Could you tell me how to recover my lost data?" – Milisa
Reformat your USB flash drive? Want to recover reformatted USB flash drive on Mac? Don’t worry, here is an easy solution to help you recover reformatted USB drive under Mac OS. But before you recover lost data from a reformatted USB flash drive under Mac OS, please note that:
- Don’t put new files to your reformatted USB flash drive before you recover all your lost data. If you put new files to the reformatted USB flash drive, some of the lost files may be overwritten by the new files and would narrow the chance of data recovery.
- Perform data recovery as soon as possible.
Mac USB drive reformatted data recovery software
How to recover lost data from reformatted USB flash drive under Mac OS? You need Mac USB drive reformatted data recovery software to help you achieve the goal. It is the cheapest and most secure way to get lost data back from reformatted USB flash drive under OS X or macOS. Mac reformatted USB flash drive data recovery software – such as Do Your Data Recovery for Mac Professional can deeply scan the reformatted USB drive and help you recover all lost data.
Do Your Data Recovery for Mac Professional is an award-winning Mac data recovery program. It supports to recover lost data from various hard drives and storage media devices including USB flash drive. It is pretty simple to use. Even the most newbie can use it to recover reformatted USB flash drive under Mac OS.
Mac reformatted USB flash drive recovery steps
First of all, please quickly download and install Mac reformatted USB flash drive recovery software on your Mac. Then connect your USB drive with your Mac and run the software to recover lost data from it. Here are the main steps.
Step 1: Select file types you want to recover.
Do Your Data Recovery for Mac Professional can recover all kinds of lost files. If you want to recover specific file types, select them at this step.
Step 2: Scan reformatted USB flash drive on Mac.
Select the USB flash drive and click on "Scan" button to search lost data.
Step 3: Preview and recover lost files.
When scanning process gets finished, just preview and recover the wanted data. If you can’t recover all lost files after quick scan, just try advanced recovery mode to find much more lost files.
Fix "ask reformat on Mac" error and recover lost data
If the system asks you to reformat your USB flash drive, you don’t have to do it. Do Your Data Recovery for Mac Professional can help you export all data from the USB flash drive. If you have reformat it, just run this Mac reformatted USB flash drive recovery software to deeply scan the reformatted USB flash drive and recover all lost data.
Reliable Mac data recovery software to recover deleted, formatted or lost files from Mac or storage media.Download
Best iPhone data recovery software for Mac users to retrieve lost contacts, photos, videos, call history, SMS etc.Download
- Recover Lost Files from WD Elements Portable Hard Drive
- 1TB External Hard Drive Data Recovery
- Recover Lost Data from Memory Stick
- Recover Lost Data from Formatted Seagate External Hard Drive
- Mac USB Drive Data Recovery
- Recover Lost Videos and Photos from Sony Camera
- Recover Deleted Photos from Kodak Digital Camera
- Recover Lost Data from Toshiba External Hard Drive on Mac with Freeware
- Full Kingston USB Flash Drive Data Recovery Solution
- WD Red NAS Hard Drive Lost File Recovery
- How to Recover Deleted Videos from Digital Camcorder?
- Recover Deleted or Lost Digital Camera Photos under Mac OS
- Freeware for Raw USB Drive Data Recovery
- Mac USB Drive Data Recovery Freeware
- Restore Lost Files from Corrupted USB drive on Mac
- Recover Data from a Dead USB drive
- Restore Lost Files from Virus Infected USB Drive
- Unformat Toshiba External Hard Drive on Windows and Mac
- Recover Data from Unmounted External Hard Drive on Mac
- Recover Data from SanDisk Extreme USB flash drive on Mac
- How to Repair External Hard Drive on Mac?
- How to Recover Lost Data from XQD Card on Mac?
- How to Recover Lost Photos from Canon EOS Camera?
- Restore All Files When External Hard Drive Is Not Showing Files
- Old, Unused, Discarded, Dead External Hard Disk Data Recovery