How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
by Shirly Chen, 2017-02-17
"Hi, I have a 8 GB USB drive. I will give it to my friend because I don’t need it any more. But before I give it to my friend, I want to format it on my Mac and permanently erase all my private data. I know that some data recovery programs can recover the formatted files, is there a way to format the USB drive on Mac and avoid data recovery?" – Tommy Gerges
It is necessary to format your USB drive and erase sensitive data before you sell or donate your USB flash drive to other people. For Mac users, this is a more difficult task because Mac computer can’t quick format an external USB flash drive directly. Then, how to format a USB drive on Mac? How to permanently destroy all sensitive data from a USB drive under Mac OS? Don’t worry, we will introduce three easy & reliable solutions to you to format a USB drive on Mac. And one of them will help you permanently erase sensitive data while formatting your USB flash drive on a Mac.
Three Simple Ways to Format USB Drive on Mac
With special applications, you can easily format a USB drive on Mac. Here, we pick up three easy-to-use applications that can help you easily format USB flash drive or stick on Mac.
1. Format USB drive on Mac with Disk Utility
Disk Utility is a built-in disk management application on Mac. You can launch it on your Mac and it will list all the hard drives and external devices on your Mac. Just select the USB drive and click on "Erase" button, then Disk Utility will help you quickly format the USB drive on your Mac. However, the formatted data can be recovered by Mac data recovery software.
2. Format USB drive on Mac with Super Eraser for Mac
If you want to format a USB drive on Mac and permanently erase all sensitive data, DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac is your best choice. It will format your USB flash drive on Mac and securely erase all the data on your USB flash drive.
Once the USB drive is formatted by DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac, the data on it is 100% permanently lost, can’t be recovered by any data recovery software. How to format a USB drive on Mac with Super Eraser for Mac? It is very easy. Just select the mode "Wipe Hard Drive", then select the USB drive and click on "Wipe Now" button.
3. Format USB drive on Mac with Start Menu for Mac
Start Menu for Mac is an all-in-one menu app for Mac OS. It offers a feature called "Disk Manager". You can use this feature to format your USB flash drive on your Mac. The formatted data can be recovered by Mac data recovery software.
All the three solutions above can help you format a USB drive on Mac. However, only DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac can help you permanently destroy all the data to prevent the formatted data being recovered by Mac data recovery software. Just select the right solution for you.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?