How to Wipe USB Drive on Mac?
by Shirly Chen, 2016-03-14
Wipe USB Drive on Mac Situations
As we know, when the files on the hard drive are deleted or formatted, the files still can be recovered by data recovery software or manual data recovery service. In most cases, keep data safe or recovery lost files are important in our life. But in some special situations, we need to securely & permanently wipe or destroy the data. For instance, when we want to resell or donate a USB drive to other people, it is recommended to wipe all data on the USB drive. If you are a Mac user, you can wipe USB drive on Mac with Mac data erasure software.
- Wipe USB drive on Mac before donating or recycling USB drive.
- Wipe USB drive on Mac before lending USB drive to other people.
- Wipe USB drive on Mac when you share a USB drive with others.
- Before you discard your old USB drive, you’d better wipe the USB drive.
For Mac users, erasing data with disk utility is complex. And it is not safe. Mac data recovery software can easily recover erased files after erasing Mac hard drive with disk utility. When you want to permanently wipe USB drive data under Mac OS, you have to do it with third-party Mac data erasure software.
In principle, if you want to permanently wipe data on USB drive, you have to destroy the data and overwrite the disk space of the USB drive with zero or random bites. Deleting the files or the formatting the USB drive can’t achieve the goal. When you delete a file or format the USB drive, the files are still in your USB drive, they are just hidden. Data Recovery software can easily recover your files after deletion or format. Super Eraser for Mac is incorporate data erasure software for Mac users that can permanently destroy, shred data and overwrite the disk space under Mac OS.
Wipe USB Drive on Mac with Super Eraser for Mac
Super Eraser for Mac is very powerful and very easy-to-use. With the help of Super Eraser for Mac, everybody can easily wipe USB drive on Mac. You can follow these simple steps to wipe USB drive data under Mac OS X/macOS.
Step 1: Download and install Super Eraser for Mac on your Mac.
Download and install this data eraser on your Mac computer, then run it from Launchpad.
Step 2: Connect your USB drive with your Mac.
Connect the USB flash drive to your Mac via USB cable. DoYourData Super Eraser will automatically recognize the USB flash drive.
Step 3: Run Super Eraser for Mac to wipe your data.
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac offers three modes to wipe data from USB flash drive.
- Erase Files/Folders - permanently erase files and folders from USB flash drive.
- Wipe Hard Drive - wipe entire USB flash drive to permanently erase all data on the USB flash drive.
- Wipe Free Space - erase free disk space of the USB flash drive to erase all already deleted data.
Super Eraser for Mac completely wipes your data on USB drive under Mac OS within the three simple steps above. After data wipe, your data is permanently lost and can’t be recovered by any kind data recovery software/method. Super Eraser for Mac also can wipe data on Mac hard drive, memory card, SD card, etc.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?