How to Wipe LaCie Portable Hard Drive Data on Mac?
by Shirly Chen, 2016-08-31
A lot of Mac users are using LaCie portable hard drive to store or transfer data. With LaCie portable hard drive, make users can store TBs of files to a safe place. However, some of the files become no longer useful as time moves on. In order to get out of privacy concerns, you may need to wipe your LaCie portable hard drive to permanently destroy your private data. How to easily wipe LaCie portable hard drive on Mac computer? Just read on.
We want to erase files permanently because that we don’t want to other people see or recover our files. For instance, when we are going to sell our old LaCie portable hard drive on eBay.com, we should permanently wipe and destroy all the data on the LaCie portable hard drive. Especially, the business documents, family photos and other important files should be permanently erased before you give or sell your LaCie portable hard drive to other people.
As we have known that deletion or format can’t permanently erase your files from LaCie portable hard drive. Other people can easily recover your lost files after you delete your files or format the LaCie portable hard drive. Question: how can we permanently wipe LaCie portable hard drive data on Mac?
Wipe LaCie portable hard drive with Super Eraser for Mac
In order to easily and permanently wipe LaCie portable hard drive on Mac, you need the powerful data erasing software – Super Eraser for Mac. It offers three options for you to permanently wipe LaCie portable hard drive data on Mac.
Option 1: Erase Files or Folders
This option allows you to selectively erase files or folders from your LaCie portable hard drive under Mac OS. Just select the files or folders you want to destroy, then click on "Eraser Now" button to permanently erase the selected files/folders. You don’t have to wipe the entire LaCie portable hard drive when you only want to destroy some files or folders that contain your private information.
Option 2: Wipe Entire Hard Drive
When you are going to resell, donate or discard your old LaCie portable hard drive, you’d better permanently wipe all the data on your LaCie portable hard drive under Mac OS. This option will wipe all the existing data and deleted data on your LaCie portable hard drive.
Option 3: Wipe Free Space
Deleted data or lost data is stored on the unused disk space of your LaCie portable hard drive. This option is designed for wiping all the deleted/lost data or traces on your LaCie portable hard drive without erasing the existing data.
The three modes above are very simple and useful. You can easily wipe LaCie portable hard drive data on Mac with Super Eraser for Mac. Once the process gets finished, the selected data will be permanently erased. It can’t be recovered even using the most powerful data recovery software. Super Eraser for Mac also can erase files on Mac hard drive or other storage media. It is the best Mac data erasing software.
"I have a old 2TB LaCie portable hard drive. I connect it with my Mac and run Super Eraser to wipe all the useless data on it. So easy! Only 1 click! After wiping it, I run data recovery software to scan the LaCie portable hard drive, noting found! Very cool application."
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?