How to Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac?
by Shirly Chen, 2016-03-24
There are many reasons that you want to permanently wipe external hard drive data on Mac. For example, when you are going to toss your old external hard drive in the garbage, you should securely wipe all the data on the drive to prevent recovery by other people. In this technology times, the cyber criminals can easily recover your private data with data recovery software even you have deleted the data or formatted the entire hard drive. The best way to avoid data leakage is completely destroying or wiping the data before you discard or donate your device. Specially, this article will guide you to permanently wipe external hard drive under Mac OS.
The normal deletion or format operation can’t permanently destroy the data on your external hard drive, it just make your data be hidden. You and other people can easily restore the deleted or formatted data from your external hard drive with Mac data recovery software like Do Your Data Recovery for Mac Professional. If you want to permanently remove your data, you have to find a tool that can destroy the data and overwrite the disk space of the data.
Wiping External Hard drive on Mac with Super Eraser for Mac
Manual data wipe methods are very complicated. For common Mac users, it is very difficult to destroy the data and overwrite the disk space on their own. The Mac data wipe software is the best option. Super Eraser for Mac offers all-in-one data wipe solution for Mac users to permanently wipe data. It will help you securely permanently format or wipe external hard drive on Mac. Download it.
Although the data wipe may sound complicated, but it is truly pretty simple using Super Eraser for Mac. The software completes wiping data on external hard drive under OS X within 1-2 steps. Here is the step by step guide for you to wipe external hard drive on Mac.
Step 1: Launch Super Eraser for Mac.
You can conveniently download and install Super Eraser for Mac on your Mac computer. It is compatible with all popular OS X and macOS versions.
Step 2: Connect your external hard drive with your Mac via USB cable.
Connect your external hard drive to your Mac. Super Eraser for Mac will automatically recognize it.
Step 3: Select the external hard drive to wipe data completely.
After connecting the external hard drive with the Mac, Super Eraser for Mac will automatically recognize it. Just choose the Wipe Hard Drive mode.
Then select the external hard drive, click on "Wipe Now" to start wiping data on it.
It takes time to permanently destroy and wipe the data, please be patient. When the process gets finished, all the data on the external hard drive will be lost forever, can’t be recovered by any data recovery software.
As you’ve seen, Super Eraser for Mac is able to securely and quickly format external hard drive or other type of storage device on Mac. Before you sell, donate or recycle an external hard drive, you can run it on your Mac, wipe/format the external hard drive. It also can help you shred files, wipe free disk space on external hard drive. Just download it here:
If your external hard drive is NTFS file system, you can follow this guide to format and wipe it on your Mac: how to format/wipe NTFS hard drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?