How to Permanently Erase Deleted Data from USB Drive on Mac?
by Shirly Chen, 2018-06-13
"Hi, I am a Mac user. I have an 8GB USB flash drive. Yesterday, I deleted some work documents on this USB flash drive. But I found I still could recover these deleted documents with Mac data recovery application on my Mac. Is it possible to avoid the deleted file recovery? I want to permanently erase the deleted documents from the USB flash drive, what should I do?" – Mertens
When we are going to dispose or lend an old USB flash drive, we may need to permanently erase our private data – such as the already deleted photos/documents, etc. Mac users can use Disk Utility erase the USB flash drive, but they don’t know how to permanently erase the already deleted data on the USB flash drive. Now, there are thousands of free data recovery software can easily find the already deleted/formatted data on the USB flash drive. Is there any way to permanently erase deleted data from USB flash drive on Mac? The answer is YES. In this article, we will show you an easy way to wipe deleted data from USB flash drive under Mac OS.
Download USB flash drive data eraser for Mac
In order to permanently erase deleted data from USB flash drive on Mac, you have to download USB flash drive data eraser for Mac. DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac is such tool which can help you permanently wipe already deleted/formatted data on USB flash drive under Mac OS. It can find all deleted data on the USB flash drive and erase them, then overwrite the storage space of the deleted data with blank data – so it can 100% avoid data recovery. Just download DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac here:
How to permanently erase deleted data from USB flash drive on Mac?
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac is pretty simple to use. When you install it, just run it from Launchpad. Then follow the steps below to permanently erase deleted data from USB flash drive on your Mac.
Step 1: Connect USB flash drive with your Mac.
Step 2: Open DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac, you will see three data erasure modes: Erase Files/Folders, Wipe Hard Drive and Wipe Free Space. In order to permanently erase deleted data from USB flash drive on Mac, just choose this mode "Wipe Free Space".
Step 3: Click and choose the USB flash drive, then click on "Wipe Now" button to start erasing the free space of the USB flash drive – all the deleted/formatted data on the USB flash drive will be permanently erased.
Once the process gets finished, all the deleted/lost data on the USB flash drive is gone forever, can’t be recovered by any data recovery software. This data erasure mode will not affect the existing data on the USB flash drive.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?