How to Format SDHC/SDXC Card on Mac?
by Shirly Chen, 2018-05-16
SDHC and SDXC are commonly used SD cards. Sometimes, you need to format the SDHC/SDXC card on Mac to remove all data information, or just want to create new file system on the SDHC/SDXC card. And in some cases, you not only need to format the SDHC/SDXC card on Mac, but you need to permanently erase all data information on the SDHC/SDXC card to prevent data recovery. For example, before you sell, donate, give away or dispose SDHC/SDXC card device, you have to permanently erase your private photos, videos, etc on the SDHC/SDXC card.
Mac Disk Utility can help you format SDHC/SDXC card on Mac. It is very simple, just connect the SDHC/SDXC card with your Mac and open Disk Utility. You can see the SDHC/SDXC card, click Erase to format the SDHC/SDXC card on your Mac. But, the Disk Utility can’t permanently erase the data on the SDHC/SDXC card. Free Mac data recovery software can easily restore formatted data from the SDHC/SDXC card which was formatted by Mac Disk Utility. (Check how to recover lost data from SDHC card, how to recover lost data from SDXC card? ).
If you want to securely format SDHC/SDXC card on Mac and permanently erase data from SDHC/SDXC card under Mac OS, you need Mac data erasure software. DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac is the most powerful Mac data eraser. It can help you securely format SDHC/SDXC card on Mac and permanently erase all data from the SDHC/SDXC card to avoid data recovery.
Easy steps to format/erase SDHC/SDXC card on Mac
Step 1: Download and install Mac Data Eraser.
Download and install DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac on your Mac computer. Then launch it from Launchpad.
Step 2: Connect the SDHC/SDXC card with your Mac.
Connect the SDHC/SDXC card with your Mac via card reader or USB cable. And back up important data to another hard drive or device. (Once the SDHC/SDXC card is formatted by Super Eraser for Mac, all the data on the SDHC/SDXC card will be erased forever, can’t be recovered by any method.)
Step 3: Format and erase the SDHC/SDXC card on Mac.
Choose the mode Wipe Hard Drive. Then select the SDHC/SDXC card and wipe it by click on "Wipe Now" button.
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac will securely format the SDHC/SDXC card on Mac and permanently erase all data information on the SDHC/SDXC card, beyond the scope of data recovery.
This is the most secure way to format SDHC/SDXC card on Mac. It will permanently erase all data on the SDHC/SDXC card under Mac OS, and it will never shorten the service life of the SDHC/SDXC card. Don’t let the sensitive data falls into the wrong hands, just trust DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac. It is the right tool for you to reformat SDHC/SDXC card on Mac and get your data lost forever.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?