How to Format MacBook/iMac/Mac Pro/Mac Mini Hard Drive?
by Shirly Chen, 2016-09-07
Millions of users are using Mac notebooks and desktops. When you have been using a Mac for several years, the computer would be full of junk files and run slower. Cleaning up the junk files on slow Mac is easy, but removing all the useless files is not easy. Or you can sell the old Mac and buy a new one. No matter what solution you will take, erasing data on your Mac is necessary. Do you know how to format MacBook/iMac/Mac Pro/Mac Mini hard drive to erase existing or history data? Here are two methods you can take.
1. Format MacBook/iMac/Mac Pro/Mac Mini with Disk Utility
This free method is with the help of the built-in feature of Mac OS – Disk Utility. Open the Disk Utility and select a hard drive to erase. Please note that it can’t erase the hard drive on which has installed Mac OS. It is not a complete solution to format MacBook/iMac/Mac Pro/Mac Mini. But it will wipe some of data from your Mac machines. But the erased data is still can be recovered after using Disk Utility to format your MacBook/iMac/Mac Pro/Mac Mini.
2. Format MacBook/iMac/Mac Pro/Mac Mini with Super Eraser
The third-party data erasing tool – Super Eraser for Mac offers comprehensive solution to format Mac computers. It can help you easily and quickly format MacBook/iMac/Mac Pro/Mac Mini hard drive (both internal and external hard drive). One of the big advantages, it will permanently erase the data on your Mac. After formatting MacBook/iMac/Mac Pro/Mac Mini with Super Eraser for Mac, your data will be lost forever, can’t be recovered by any methods including the most powerful Mac data recovery software.
So if you want to permanently erase your Mac data you can use Super Eraser for Mac to format your MacBook/iMac/Mac Pro/Mac Mini. For instance, before you resell, donate, giveaway or discard your old Mac computers, you can use this data erasing tool to format your Mac to permanently erase sensitive data.
Super Eraser for Mac offers three modes to format MacBook/iMac/Mac Pro/Mac Mini.
Mode 1: Erase files and folders.
This mode will permanently erase files and folders from your MacBook/iMac/Mac Pro/Mac Mini. You can use this mode to permanently erase some important files that contain very private information.
Mode 2: Format MacBook/iMac/Mac Pro/Mac Mini hard drive
This mode will wipe the entire hard drive volume to permanently erase all the existing and history data on the selected Mac volume. It also can’t wipe the startup volume on which has installed Mac OS in case that it will destroy the operating system.
Mode 3: Wipe unused disk space.
The deleted/lost data is stored in the unused disk space on your Mac. This mode will wipe the unused disk space and permanently erase the deleted/lost data, clean up all history traces without affecting the existing data.
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac helps you easily and quickly format MacBook/iMac/Mac Pro/Mac Mini hard drive under different situations. Please note that it will permanently erase the data on your MacBook/iMac/Mac Pro/Mac Mini, so please transfer your useful files to other external hard drive before you use it tof ormat your MacBook/iMac/Mac Pro/Mac Mini. It is strongly to recommended to format your MacBook/iMac/Mac Pro/Mac Mini with Super Eraser for Mac before you resell or donate your Mac.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?