How to Format a Seagate Hard Drive for Mac?
by Shirly Chen, 2017-02-13
How to format a Seagate hard drive for Mac? How to wipe Seagate hard drive under Mac OS? Do you know the solution to reformat a Seagate hard drive for Mac? Don’t worry! There some easy-to-use utilities can help you format a Seagate hard drive under Mac OS. Just follow these steps to easily format a Seagate hard drive on your Mac.
Easy Steps to Format a Seagate Hard Drive for Mac
Step 1: Back up your important data.
Before your format a Seagate hard drive on your Mac, you should check if there are some important files on your Seagate hard drive. Then back up the important files before you format your Seagate hard drive. You can copy your files to another hard drive or back up them to Cloud storage. It is very important to back up your important files before formatting a Seagate hard drive for Mac because the original files will be removed from the Seagate hard drive after formatting.
Step 2: Connect your Seagate hard drive with your Mac.
If you want to format your Seagate hard drive under Mac OS, just connect it with your Mac computer.
Step 3: Format Seagate hard drive with Mac disk formatting apps.
There are two Mac disk formatting applications can help you easily format a Seagate hard drive for Mac. Disk Utility is a built-in app in Mac OS that can help you format external hard drive on your Mac. Super Eraser for Mac is a third-party application that can easily format your Seagate hard drive and thoroughly erase all the data on the Seagate hard drive. I will show you the guide to use the two apps to format a Seagate hard drive for Mac.
Use Disk Utility to for a Seagate hard drive for Mac
This is very easy. Just open Disk Utility on your Mac, you will see all the drives and devices on your Mac computer. Select the Seagate hard drive and click on "Erase" button. Then disk utility will format your Seagate hard drive and erase all the data. Please note that the erased data by disk utility can be recovered by Mac data recovery software.
Format Seagate hard drive on Mac with Super Eraser for Mac
Super Eraser for Mac is a very powerful Mac data erasure application. It will not only format the selected hard drive, but it also will permanently destroy & wipe all the data on the hard drive, making data recovery impossible. So Super Eraser for Mac can help you format a Seagate hard drive and permanently erase all data before you resell or donate your Seagate hard drive. Download it here:
The steps are very simple: run Super Eraser for Mac -> select the mode "Wipe Hard Drive" –> select the Seagate hard drive and click on "Wipe Now" button.
Then Super Eraser for Mac will completely format your Seagate hard drive under Mac OS and permanently erase all the data on the Seagate hard drive. The formatted data will be permanently lost, can’t be recovered by data recovery software.
If your Seagate hard drive is a NTFS hard drive, here is the guide: format and wipe NTFS hard drive on Mac.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?