How to Format a Hard Drive under macOS 10.12 Sierra?
by Shirly Chen, 2017-02-10
"I have a 1TB external hard drive connected with my macOS 10.12 Sierra computer. Now, it is full of junk files and virus. I was a Windows user and I don’t know to how to format a hard drive under macOS 10.12 Sierra. Can anyone help me?"
There many users ask if they can format a hard drive under macOS 10.12 Sierra. If you also want to a solution for hard drive formatting under macOS 10.12 Sierra, you are at the right place. In this article, I will show easy solutions to format a hard drive or external hard drive for macOS 10.12 Sierra.
Three Solutions to Format a Hard Drive under macOS 10.12 Sierra
If you have known how to format a hard drive under macOS 10.12 Sierra, you still can lean useful information in this article. I will offer three simple solutions to help Mac users to forma hard drive under macOS 10.12 Sierra. Please back up your important files before formatting your hard drive, no matter which solution you will choose. With these solutions, you can easily format a hard drive under macOS 10.12 Sierra. Once the formatting process gets started, your data on the hard drive will be removed.
Here are the three solutions to format a hard drive under macOS 10.12 Sierra.
Solution 1: Format hard drive under macOS 10.12 Sierra with Super Eraser for Mac
If you are going to resell, donate or give away your Mac hard drive/external hard drive, Super Eraser for Mac is your best choice to format the hard drive and permanently destroy all data. With advanced data erasure technology, Super Eraser for Mac can easily format the hard drive under macOS 10.12 Sierra and wipe all existing data/history data, beyond the scope of data recovery.
It means your hard drive will be formatted by Super Eraser for Mac, and all the data on the hard drive will be permanently erased. So please be carefully when you use it to format your hard drive. It is very easy to use. When you run Super Eraser for Mac on your macOS 10.12 Sierra computer, it will list all the hard drives and devices on your Mac. You just need to select the hard drive you want to format and click on "Wipe Now" button. Then Super Eraser for Mac will help you completely format the selected hard drive and erase all data.
Solution 2: Format hard drive under macOS 10.12 Sierra with Disk Utility
Disk Utility is a built-in app in macOS 10.12 Sierra. You can run it on your Mac, then select the hard drive to format/erase. The formatted data can be recovered by data recovery software.
Solution 3: Format hard drive under macOS 10.12 Sierra with Start Menu for Mac
Start Menu for Mac is a smart menu bar for Mac. It can help you format a hard drive in an easy way. Just click on the format button to format your hard drive under macOS 10.12 Sierra quickly. The formatted data can be recovered by Mac data recovery software.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?