How to Permanently Delete Files or Folders?
by Shirly Chen, 2015-12-12
Nowadays we do understand the importance of data security. To protect our privacy or business information, we should permanently delete related files or folders in certain circumstances. We know that we can delete a file by right-clicking the file and clicking 'Delete' or 'Shift + Delete'. But the files or folders can also be recovered with data recovery software even if you have emptied the recycle bin. Other methods like formatting the hard drive yet can not permanently erase your files from hard drive. So how to permanently delete files or folders on hard drive or storage device?
The ordinary operations of deletion like right-clicking Delete, Shift + Delete, dragging files to recycle bin or emptying the recycle bin only delete the entry of the files. In other words, the deleted files are only hidden, they remain on the hard drive. A data recovery tool like Do Your Data Recovery can recover the deleted files with easy steps. If you want to permanently delete files or folders, you have to use a third-party software tool to destroy and overwrite the deleted files or folders to make them permanently lost.
Super Eraser is one of the most outstanding secure erasure software that can permanently delete files or folders on hard drive or storage device like USB drive, SD card, external hard disk etc. It will delete, destroy, and overwrite your files and folders to make them permanently lost from your PC, Mac or other device. Once the erasing process gets finished, the erased files or folders can never be recovered, they are just permanently disappeared from your computer. Nobody will know, will be able to recover these files or folders.
Now see how to use Super Eraser to permanently delete files or folders
Step 1: Download and install Super Eraser on your PC or Mac. After installation, launch it.
Step 2: Select the files or folders you want to delete, and start erasing.
As we said before, once the process gets finished, the selected files or folders will be permanently deleted on your hard drive with no scope of recovery. And the process can't be stopped or paused when it starts. So please think carefully, operate carefully.
After deleting the files using DoYourData Super Eraser, your files get permanently lost. If you want to check the erasure quality, you can run a test by using our free data recovery software – Do Your Data Recovery Free to recover the files (see if you can find the erased files). In our tests, we can't recover the erased files by any data recovery software.
DoYourData Super Eraser is equipped with strict & effective data erasure methods/standards. We make sure that you can permanently delete files or folders with the help of Super Eraser.
- Permanently Erase Data before Selling A PC or Hard Drive
- How to Securely and Permanently Wipe Seagate Hard Drive Data?
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Permanently Erase Photos from Digital Camera
- How to Format External Hard Drive on Windows or Mac?
- Kroll Ontrack Data Erasure Software Alternative
- Prevent Recovery of Deleted Files and Formatted Files
- How to Permanently Delete Files in Windows 10?
- Two Ways to Format USB Flash Drive on PC/Mac
- Permanently Erase Data before Selling External Hard Drive
Data Erasure Tips
- Permanently Destroy or Erase Photos
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Wipe USB Drive Data
- How to Permanently Erase SD Card Data
- Wipe WD (western digital) External Hard Drive
- Permanently Wipe All Data from Mobile Phone SD Card
- Permanently Erase Data on Removable Hard Disk
- How to Permanently Wipe Memory Card Data?
- How to Destroy Data from Windows 7 Hard Drive?
- How to Wipe Window 8 Hard Drive Partition?
- Shred and Destroy Word, Excel, PowerPoint files
- Permanently Delete a File from the SD Card
- How to Wipe Windows 2000 Hard Drive Partition?
- Securely Erase Data from Samsung Portable Hard Drive
- How to Wipe Hard Drive in Windows Server 2019?