How to Create Disk Image on Mac?
by Henry Lee, 2019-09-04
What is disk image? Disk Image is a file which contains all or partial data of a hard drive. Making a disk image of a hard drive is a good way for backing up data on Mac. Also, some users would like to create a disk image for data recovery when they don’t want to cause any damage to the data on the original hard drive.
How to create disk image on Mac? Actually, it is very easy. Here, we recommend you to use DoYourClone for Mac, a disk clone software, to clone hard disk drive and create disk image on Mac. Just download it here:
Steps to create disk image on Mac
Here, we will show the steps to create a disk image on Mac with DoYourClone for Mac:
Step 1: Run DoYourClone for Mac on your Mac computer.
First of all, just run DoYourClone for Mac from Launchpad. Choose the mode “Create Disk Image”. If you want to copy a hard drive from one to another, just choose mode “Copy Disk”.
Step 2: Choose the source drive and destination drive.
DoYourClone for Mac will create a disk image of the source hard drive and save the disk image to the destination hard drive, here are some tips:
- Make sure the source drive and destination drive is connected to the Mac.
- It supports any hard drive, USB flash drive, memory card, etc.
- You can choose “Copy All Files” in the disk image or just “Copy Some Files” in the disk image.
- You can choose make a .zip disk image or a .dmg disk image.
Step 3: Create the disk image or source hard drive.
Click on the button “Create Image”. DoYourClone for Mac will quickly create a disk image of the source drive and save the disk image to the destination drive.
Step 4: Check the disk image.
When the process gets finished, you can check the disk image on the destination drive. You can copy the disk image to any other hard drive or Mac computer.
When you lose data on the original hard drive, you can restore the lost files from the disk image. Just open the disk image on any computer, then find the lost files. Then you can copy the files from the disk image to your computer or any other hard drive.
It is also the good way to duplicate a hard drive from one computer to another computers. Just copy the disk image to other computers. Then you can access the data on the original computer on any other computer.
It is possible to create disk image using Disk Utility, but it is a bit complicated...DoYourClone for Mac offers the reliable and easy way to create a ZIP or DMG disk image on your Mac. As you’ve seen, the steps are very simple. You just need to download DoYourClone for Mac on your Mac computer, here, just download it.
Other Mac Utilities
- How to Clone Mac Hard Drive to External Hard Drive?
- How to Clone Memory Card on Mac?
- Three Start Menu Apps for macOS Catalina
- How to Copy Data from Large Hard Drive to Small Hard Drive on Mac?
- How to Copy Hard Drive on macOS High Sierra?
- How to Clone APFS Hard Drive on Mac?
- How to Back Up Hard Disk Drive on macOS Sierra 10.12?
- How to Clone HFS Hard Drive on Mac?
- How to Clone External Hard Drive to Another Hard Drive on Mac?
- Copy USB Flash Drive to Mac Hard Drive by 1-Click
- Copy One Hard Drive to Another on macOS Mojave
- How to Clone SSD to HDD on Mac?
- MacBook Is Running Slow, What to Do?
- Quickly Remove Useless Files on Mac
- DIY Data Recovery Software
- How to Clone Hard Drive to New Hard Drive on Mac?
- Download Best Disk Clone Software for macOS Catalina
- How to Clone HDD to SSD on Mac?
- Free Deep Data Recovery Software for Mac
- How to Unformat Mac Hard Drive
- How to Clone Small Hard Drive to A Large Hard Drive on Mac?