How to Securely Empty Mac Trash under macOS 10.12 Sierra?
by Shirly Chen, 2017-01-22
"Once, my little brother told me that he saw so many photos of me when he was recovering lost data from the Mac that I gave him a few weeks ago. I make sure that I had deleted all my private photos and emptied the trash bin before I sent that Mac to him. It is so embarrassing because I don’t want my family members to see my private photos, especially those unconstrained selfies. So I think the question - how to securely and permanently delete Mac files? Now I am using a Mac with macOS Sierra system. I delete files every day, but what is the right way to securely empty Mac trash bin under macOS 10.12 Sierra and permanently destroy all deleted/lost data and erase traces?"
If you are looking for an easy yet effective solution to securely empty Mac trash bin under macOS 10.12 Sierra, you are at the right place. In this article, I will show you a secure solution to easily empty Mac trash bin under macOS 10.12 Sierra and permanently erase those "already deleted/formatted/lost data" and data traces. However, before securely empty your Mac trash bin, please check if there are some deleted files that you want to put back.
Securely Empty Mac Trash under macOS 10.12 Sierra
If you just click empty button to empty the Mac trash bin, the deleted files can be easily recovered by Mac data recovery software. So other people can easily recover your lost files after you empty Mac trash bin intentionally or unintentionally. DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac is a powerful Mac data erasure application. It offers the feature to help you easily and securely empty Mac trash bin under macOS 10.12 Sierra. Here are the simple steps.
Step 1: Download and install DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac on your Mac. It is fully compatible with macOS 10.12 Sierra and other Mac operating system versions.
Step 2: Run DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac and select this mode "Wipe Free Space".
Step 3: Choose your Mac hard drive and click on "Wipe Now" button. Then DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac will permanently erase the free disk space of your Mac hard drive to permanently erase deleted or lost data and history data traces.
The deleted data or history data traces is stored on the unused disk space. DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac will help you erase the unused disk space and overwrite it to permanently wipe those deleted or lost data on your Mac hard drive. It also can erase deleted/lost data from storage media like USB flash drive, memory card, digital camera, etc.
Now you know how to securely empty Mac trash under macOS 10.12 Sierra. You just need to install DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac on your Mac computer. This powerful Mac data erasure software also can help you erase files and folders, wipe entire hard drive. After erasure with DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac, the targeted data will be permanently lost, can’t be recovered by any data recovery software. You can safely resell or donate your device after secure data erasure.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?