How to Permanently Erase Data from Startup Disk on Mac?
by Shirly Chen, 2019-10-25
You can’t format/wipe a entire startup disk on Mac because Mac OS doesn’t allow any app to destroy the entire Mac OS. DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac also offers another two solutions for you to permanently erase data from startup disk (also called system hard drive, where the macOS is installed).
Solution 1: Permanently erase files/folders from Mac startup disk.
The mode "Erase Files/Folders" can help you permanently erase files and folders from startup disk. Just add files/folders from the Mac startup disk to the erasure list, then click on "Erase Now" button. All the selected files/folders will be permanently erased. This solution can help you permanently and selectively erase specific files/folders on startup disk.
Solution 2: Wipe free disk space of startup disk to wipe deleted data.
"Wipe Free Space" mode can help you securely wipe the free disk space of Mac startup disk. All the deleted data on the startup disk will be permanently erased. So, you can follow these steps to permanently erase data on startup disk using "Wipe Free Space" mode.
Step 1: Delete the files you want to erase.
Just delete the files on the startup disk which you want to permanently erase, then empty the trash bin.
Step 2: Permanently erase the deleted files.
Run DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac, choose mode "Wipe Free Space". Choose the startup disk (MacHD, Apple SSD, etc) and click on "Wipe Now" button. All the already deleted/lost data and traces on the startup disk will be permanently erased.
Erasing the free disk space of Mac startup disk to permanently erase already deleted/lost data on the startup disk drive.
With the two solutions, you can securely and permanently erase sensitive data on startup disk without destroying the Mac operating system. Just download DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac here:
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?