How to Permanently and Securely Erase MacBook Air Data?
by Shirly Chen, 2016-04-14
In most cases, when you want to clean up your MacBook Air, you only need delete the useless files to the trash bin and empty it (the deleted or formatted files can be recovered by Mac data recovery software. But in some situations, you must permanently erase the data on your MacBook Air to protect your privacy. For instance, when you are going to resell, give away, donate, discard your MacBook Air orwhen you are sharing your MacBook Air with other people, you should permanently erase your private & sensitive data on the MacBook Air. How to permanently erase MacBook Air data? You should find the secure and effective way to wipe your MacBook Air data, given all of the possibility of data recovery. Here are some good solutions to help you permanently erase MacBook Air data.
Solution 1: Use Disk Utility to Erase MacBook Air Data
We all know that when you delete a file & empty the trash bin, the file still can be recovered easily by Mac data recovery software. Mac OS provides a built-in tool – Disk Utility to help you erase the hard drive. Open "Disk Utility," and then click on "Continue." Select your Mac’s Startup Disk in the sidebar on the left, and then click your mouse pointer on the "Erase" tab on the right-hand side of the window.
Please note that:
Some of the files that erased by Disk Utility still can be recovered by Mac data recovery software. And it doesn’t allow you selective erase your files or erase the deleted files.
Solution 2: Permanently Erase MacBook Air Data with Super Eraser
Super Eraser is a powerful tool that is designed for permanently erase data from Mac devices (MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, iMac, Mac Server, Mac Mini) and storage media. It can help you permanently wipe MacBook Air data, and make data recovery impossible. Moreover, it offers three options to help you permanently erase MacBook Air data.
Option 1: Selective erase files or folders on MacBook Air.
If you don’t want to erase the entire hard drive, this option is good for you. Just select the files or folders that contain your sensitive data, then click on Erase button, Super Eraser will help you permanently erase and destroy them, beyond the scope of data recovery.
Option 2: Erase the entire hard drive.
This option is designed for wiping all the existing and deleted data on your hard drive or storage media. Please be careful when you choose this option because it will erase all the existing data and history data on the hard drive. After the process gets finished, all the data can never be recovered.
Option 3: Wipe unused disk space.
This option will help you wipe unused disk space to permanently erase the deleted/formatted/lost data on the hard drive. It will wipe all the history data and traces. At the same time, it will not erase the existing data.
Please note that:
Super Eraser will permanently erase the data and you can never recover the data by any data recovery software or serive after using Super Eraser erases your MacBook Air. It is recommended to back up your important files to iCloud before you erase them.
And when you want to complete uninstall your Mac applications, you can use this tool – DoYourData AppUninser. This Mac Uninstaller will completely remove the Mac app and associated files.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?