Permanently Erase Data before Selling MacBook Air
by Shirly Chen, 2018-12-20
"Hi, I purchased a new MacBook Air in this year, so I am planning to sell the old one. But, before selling the old MacBook Air, how can I permanently erase my data to avoid other people to recover my data?" – Shane
Every time when Apple releases new Mac computer, we may want to purchase a new one to replace our old Mac. In 2018, Apple released new MacBook Air – this new MacBook Air was coming with many new features and lots of improvements. After or before you purchase a new MacBook Air, you may want to sell your old MacBook Air. But, before selling old MacBook Air, you’d better permanently erase your data to prevent your personal data from falling into the wrong hands.
Now, follow the steps to permanently erase data before selling old MacBook Air
Step 1: Use Super Eraser for Mac to permanently erase your data on MacBook Air.
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac is one of the most powerful data erasure software, it can completely erase your data before you selling old MacBook Air. This certified Mac data erasure software offers three ways to help you permanently erase data on old MacBook Air:
- Erase files – permanently erase files and folders from MacBook Air before you sell the MacBook Air.
- Wipe hard drive – wipe entire hard drive to permanently erase all data on MacBook Air before you sell it.
- Wipe free disk space – erase already deleted/los data permanently on MacBook Air before you sell it.
You can use DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac to permanently erase your data before you sell your MacBook Air. Once the data is erased by this software, the data is gone forever, can’t be recovered by any data recovery software. This software also can help you uninstall all applications on old MacBook Air, clean up internet files on MacBook Air. So, before you sell old MacBook Air, this software is the best tool to help you permanently destroy all personal data on it.
Step 2: Login out from all your account.
Now, you can login out from all your account on the MacBook Air, including iTunes account, iCloud account, email account, iMessage account, etc.
Step 3: Reinstall macOS on your Mac.
Then reinstall macOS on the MacBook Air. It is like you have reset the MacBook Air to factory settings.
We strongly recommend you back up your MacBook Air before you permanently erase data on it. Once the data is erased, you can’t recover the data from the MacBook Air.
With DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac, you can securely and permanently delete all personal data from MacBook Air before you are selling it. We know that MacBook Air data recovery software can easily and quickly recover deleted or formatted data from MacBook Air. So, if you only just delete the files or format the hard drive with Disk Utility, the data still can be recovered. Only data erasure software like DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac can permanently erase your data on MacBook Air to prevent data recovery, without leaving any traces.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?