How to Erase Mac HDD Data with Data Erasure Software?
by Shirly Chen, 2016-10-24
Apple releases its new MacBook, MacBook Pro and other new Mac computers. There are thousands of people are going to buy a new Mac computer in this month. However, before or after buying a new Mac, the users may want to dispose or resell their old Macs. But please remember, before you sell or give away your old Mac, you should make sure all the data on the hard drive has been permanently erased. The most secure and easiest way to wipe all data on a Mac is erasing Mac HDD with Mac data erasure software. Here, you can follow these tips to securely erase Mac HDD data.
Before you erase Mac HDD
Before you erase data from Mac HDD, you need to do two things:
1. Back up your data to a secondary hard disk drive or cloud storage. The erasure process is irreversible. It means you will permanently lose your data after erasing your Mac HDD. So it is important to back up useful files to other place before erasing your Mac HDD.
2. Find reliable data erasure software. When you delete your files, empty the trash bin, your files is not really erased. The deleted files can be recovered by data recovery software. In order to erase Mac HDD and get your data permanently lost, you need special Mac data erasure software.
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac is one of the most powerful Mac data erasure programs. It is able to completely erase Mac HDD, erase Mac SSD. It will shred the files, erase the hard drive, overwrite the disk space to make data recovery impossible. It is the reliable tool for erasing Mac HDD data.
Securely erase Mac HDD with Super Eraser for Mac
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac is a complete DIY software. With this software, you can easily erase Mac HDD. It offers three modes for you to erase data from Mac HDD. Follow these tips to permanently erase data from your old Mac.
Mode 1: Erase files or folders from Mac HDD.
If you only want to erase some files or folders on your Mac HDD, this mode is perfect for you. It allows you to selectively erase files or folders on your Mac HDD. It is pretty simple to perform. Just add files/folders into the erasure list, then click on "Erase Now" to permanently erase them. The selected files/folders will be lost forever from your Mac HDD.
Mode 2: Wipe the entire hard drive.
This mode will help you wipe entire Mac HDD. It will erase all the existing data and history data (deleted/lost data) on your Mac HDD. It means it will wipe everything on the Mac HDD, you will get a complete new hard disk drive once the wipe process gets finished.
Mode 3: Wipe deleted/lost data on the Mac HDD.
When you delete the files, empty the trash bin or format the Mac HDD, your data is not lost permanently, and can be recovered by data recovery software. This mode "Wipe free space" can help you permanently erase the deleted/formatted/lost data on your Mac HDD. It will not affect the existing files.
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac is fully capable of erasing Mac HDD, leaving no chance for data recovery. It also can erase data from external hard drive, digital camera, USB drive, SD card or other storage media under macOS/OS X.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?