How to Recover Lost Files after Reinstalling Software on PC/Mac?
by Justin Kenny, 2016-08-02
Typical Scenarios of Data Loss Due to Reinstalling Software on Windows/Mac
“Hi, I lost my files due to reinstalling my photo edit software. It was a frequently used application on my PC which was used for managing and editing my photos. Last night it crashed by accident, so I had to reinstall it. But after I completed the reinstallation, the related folder that stored my photos was disappeared. About 3GB important photos were lost. Could you tell me if I can recover the photos back after reinstalling the software? I think the folder was erased during the reinstalling process, and it may be overwritten. ”
“I always back up my files with a backup software tool. Today when I run it on my computer, I am told that there is a new version for upgrade. So I download the latest version and reinstall the software. After I reinstall the backup software, I can’t find my previous backups. How can I recover the lost backup files?”
“I lose my documents due to reinstalling my office software. My brother doesn’t know I have installed the latest office software version, so he replaces my office software with a reinstallation. Some files are lost due to the reinstalling, I can’t find them anywhere on my computer. Is it possible to recover my lost files with data recovery software?”
It is not rare to see data loss due to software crash, reinstalling software on computer. Whatever your reasons to reinstall some software on your computer, you know that the process may delete old files that related with the previously installed versions. Can we recover lost files after reinstall software? Yes, there is a good chance for us to recover lost files after reinstalling software on PC or Mac.
How to Recover Lost Files after Reinstalling Software?
Hard drive file recover software can help you easily recover lost files after reinstalling your software programs on PC or Mac. Do Your Data Recovery Professional is one of the best file recovery software. It supports to recover documents, photos, videos, audio, emails, archives and more from your hard drive due to reinstalling some software. Here are the main steps to recover lost files after reinstalling software with Do Your Data Recovery Professional.
Step 1: Download and install Do Your Data Recovery Professional.
You can download and install Do Your Data Recovery Professional on your PC or Mac. It supports for all popular operating systems including Windows 2000 – Windows 10, Mac OS 10.6 – 10.12 and Window/OSX Server. Please don’t install it on the hard drive where you lose your files in case that it would overwrite the lost files.
Step 2: Launch DoYourData and select the hard drive.
Where you lose your files? Just select the hard drive to start data recovery.
Step 3: Select file types.
Do Your Data Recovery Professional can recover all types of lost files by default. If you want to recover specific file types, select them. Then click on “Scan” button to start scanning the hard drive to find your lost files.
Step 4: Preview and recover lost files.
After scanning, you can preview and save the files.
It is very easy to recover lost files after reinstalling software or software crash with the powerful file recovery software. Do Your Data Recovery Professional gives users the power to easily recover lost data from hard drive, USB drive, digital camera, SD card, external hard drive from any kind of disaster including accidental deletion/format, partition, virus infection, reinstallation, etc.
- Recover Lost Files from Formatted Hard Drive
- How to Recover Deleted Files from Emptied Recycle Bin?
- Windows 10 Formatted Recovery Solution
- Recover Cut Files from External Hard Drive
- How to Recover Deleted Files from Samsung SSD?
- DIY Data Recovery Software
- Recover Lost Files after Reinstalling Windows Operating System
- WPS Office File Recovery Solution
- How to losslessly recover deleted Word document?
- How to Recover a File Replaced by another File with the Same Name?
Data Recovery Tips
- How to Recover Deleted Files from Home PC?
- Recover Lost Data from Corrupted Hard Drive
- Deleted or Lost Partition File Recovery
- How to Recover Deleted Files Which Were Deleted Long Time Ago?
- How to Recover Lost Data after Resizing C Drive?
- Affordable Data Recovery Software
- Seagate HDD Data Recovery
- How to Recover Lost Data from Formatted Hard Drive in Windows 8?
- Recover Lost Data from an Unrecognized External Hard Drive
- How to Recover Deleted Files after Cleaning up Recycle Bin?
- How to Recover Data When You Use exFAT File System?
- Recover Deleted Desktop Files
- Free Full Lexar Data Recovery Software
- Recover Lost Files from Crashed Hard Drive on Mac/Windows
- Windows Server 2016 Data Recovery Solution