Download & Activation
First of all, download and install Do Your Data Recovery on your computer. It is 100% safe data recovery software. Then open it on your computer. The scan and preview of recoverable files are totally free. When you are trying to save the recoverable files, it requires license code to activate the software so that you can save unlimited files.
And you also can quickly activate the software by clicking on Activate button.
Enter your license code to activate the software or upgrade to Pro/Full version.
Note: the activation requires network connection. And if you are using VPN, just turn it off when you are activating this software.
Three Data Recovery Steps
Do Your Data Recovery is an easy-to-use data recovery program which combines powerful data recovery ability and ease of use. Follow the steps below to easily and completely recover deleted, formatted, inaccessible or lost data.
Step 1: Select a location to scan.
Please select the location where you delete or lose your files to start data recovery. All the partitions, devices, lost partitions will be listed on the interface. You need to choose the one where you want to recover data from.
- Do Your Data Recovery supports to recover lost data from existing hard drive partitions, lost hard drive partitions, USB flash drives, external disks, memory cards, digital cameras, or other storage device.
- If you can’t find the location you want to scan, just reconnect your device or restart the software.
- If the disk or external device is not showing up, try to open Disk Management to fix it or check this guide: fix hard drive not showing up issue.
All File Types are selected by default.
Do Your Data Recovery supports to recover all types of lost files. If you only want to recover specific file types, you can select them before it scans your hard drive. Click File Types to select the file types you want to recover.
Step 2. Scan the location to find deleted/lost files.
After selecting the location where you delete/lose your files, just click on Scan button. Do Your Data Recovery will scan the location and find deleted/lost files.
Do Your Data Recovery provides two data recovery modes to ensure finding everything you want to recover.
- Quick Recovery – This recovery mode will quickly scan your drive or device to find deleted or recently lost files within a short time. It typically takes only a few minutes to complete, so we strongly recommend that you try it first. If you can't find what you want, please click "Advanced Recovery" to find more lost files.
- Advanced Recovery – This recovery mode will deeply scan your drive or device with advanced scanning technology to find every recoverable file. It performs sector-by-sector scanning, so it will takes more time and find much more lost files.
Steps 3: Preview and Recover Lost Files.
After scanning, all the found files will be displayed in three categories: Path, Type, Time. You can preview the pictures, documents, videos or other files before you decide to recover them. Click 'Recover' to save them on your computer or storage media.
Please note that:
- 1. Don't save the files on the drive where you lost them or the old files will be overwritten by the new files.
- 2. If some files are not found after Quick Recovery, please click 'Advanced Recovery'; it takes more time, but find much more lost files.
- 3. During the scanning, you can pause and stop the process.
Import/Export Scanning Result
Do Your Data Recovery offers ‘Import Scan Result’ and ‘Export Scan Result’ options.
Export Scan Result
When a full scan is finished, you can save the scan result for later data recovery. Click ‘Export Scan Result’ icon and save the scan result as a .dydr file.
Import Scan Result
Run Do Your Data Recovery on your computer. Click ‘Import Scan Result’ icon on the top-right corner of the first interface, then import previous scan result (.dydr file) to resume data recovery. You don’t need to scan your hard drive again.
System Requirements: Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016/2019.
Supported Devices: You can recover lost data from Desktop/Laptop/Server computer, HDD, SSD, memory card, digital camera, USB flash drive, external hard drive, RAID and other storage media device.
Supported File Formats: You can recover all types of lost files including emails, images, videos, audio files, documents, archives, folders, raw files, etc.
File System: FAT 12/16/32, exFAT, NTFS, NTFS 5, ext 2/3/4, ReFS, and more.
Disk Space: at least 100 MB.
Please feel free to contact us by sending an email to [email protected] if you have any question.