How to Recover a File Replaced by another File with the Same Name?
by Justin Kenny, 2016-01-27
When you save a file on your computer, there may a popup if there already exists a file with the same name. For instance, "XXX already exists. Do you want to replace it?" "Would you want to replace the existing file with this one" or "An item named 'XXX' already exists in the location. Do you want to replace it with the one you are moving?" In some cases, you may want to recover the replaced file. Today we will talk about how to recover lost file after it is replaced by same name file.
There two situations when you are going to recover replaced files. If you replaced the file with a file that is the same as or very similar with the original one (like the same content, size etc), you only have a very slim chance to recover the replaced file because that the disk place of the original will be replaced by the new file. But if you file is replaced by a very different file with the same name, you have a very good chance to recover it before it is not overwritten by new data.
Whatever, data recovery is worth trying. If you save your file using app like Microsoft office, you may regain your precious version with the app. Another way, you can try file recovery software to recover a file replaced by another file with the same name.
Three steps to recover lost file after it is replaced by same name file
Do Your Data Recovery Professional is a very powerful data recovery software that allows you recover lost files from hard drive or storage media. As we said above, it is not 100% guarantee to recover a file after it is replaced by same name file. But Do Your Data Recovery Professional is still the best solution for you to get replaced file back. And it is very easy to use, so it is worth trying.
After you lose your file due to it is replaced by same name file, immediately download Do Your Data Recovery Professional on your PC or Mac. It takes you a few minutes to complete the scanning. Here are the tree steps using Do Your Data Recovery Professional.
Step 1: Select the hard drive
Select the hard drive where your file is replaced. Do Your Data Recovery Professional will scan it to find your replaced file.
Step 2: Select file type
What kind of file has been replaced? Just select it.
Step 3: Preview and save your file
Please don't save the file to the drive where it was placed in case that it will replaced your existing file.
Sometimes, the file name of the file you are going to recover may be lost or changed, so you'd better preview the files after scanning to make sure you will not miss the file you want.
- Recover Lost Files from Formatted Hard Drive
- How to Recover Deleted Files from Emptied Recycle Bin?
- Windows 10 Formatted Recovery Solution
- Recover Cut Files from External Hard Drive
- How to Recover Deleted Files from Samsung SSD?
- DIY Data Recovery Software
- Recover Lost Files after Reinstalling Windows Operating System
- WPS Office File Recovery Solution
- How to losslessly recover deleted Word document?
- How to Recover a File Replaced by another File with the Same Name?
Data Recovery Tips
- How to Recover Deleted Files from Home PC?
- Recover Lost Data from Corrupted Hard Drive
- Deleted or Lost Partition File Recovery
- How to Recover Deleted Files Which Were Deleted Long Time Ago?
- How to Recover Lost Data after Resizing C Drive?
- Affordable Data Recovery Software
- Seagate HDD Data Recovery
- How to Recover Lost Data from Formatted Hard Drive in Windows 8?
- Recover Lost Data from an Unrecognized External Hard Drive
- How to Recover Deleted Files after Cleaning up Recycle Bin?
- How to Recover Data When You Use exFAT File System?
- Recover Deleted Desktop Files
- Free Full Lexar Data Recovery Software
- Recover Lost Files from Crashed Hard Drive on Mac/Windows
- Windows Server 2016 Data Recovery Solution