How to Permanently Shred/Delete Files from USB Flash Drive on Mac?
by Shirly Chen, 2018-09-17
"Hi, I will discard an USB flash drive because it is useless to me. But, I want to permanently delete all my files from the USB flash drive on my Mac. What should I do? How to avoid data recovery?" - Pani
USB flash drives are widely used by Mac users because these allow the Mac users to move information quickly and safely among a wide variety of devices. It is well known that they are devices that handle a large amount of data of great interest to users and that is why when you throw them away, sell them or give them away you need to make sure that the information that has been contained in them can be removed safely and permanently. So, let’s learn how to permanently delete files from USB flash drive on Mac.
Although the USB flash drive can be formatted using the Disk Utility or any other disk management tool. The deleted or formatted data on the USB flash drive is still can be recovered by data recovery software. So, it is not safe because other people have the potential chance to recover your sensitive data.
The right way to permanently delete files from USB flash drive on Mac
As mentioned previously, there is the possibility of recovering deleted files from USB flash drives regardless of whether they have been formatted. But fortunately there is DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac which is a powerful data erasure tool that has a data erasure algorithm to permanently shred or delete files from USB flash drive under Mac OS.
The great thing about DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac is that it is a very easy-to-use tool. You just have to download and install DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac. Then run it from Launchpad and follow these steps for a permanent data deletion of your USB flash drive without leaving any margin of possibility of recovery:
Step 1: Connect the USB flash drive with your Mac.
Run DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac on your computer, then connect the USB flash drive with your Mac. The software will quickly recognize the USB flash drive.
Step 2: Choose data erasure modes.
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac offers three data erasure modes to help you permanently delete files from USB flash drive on Mac.
1. Erase Files – permanently shred/delete existing files from USB flash drive on Mac. Just select the files from the USB flash drive to the erasure list.
2. Wipe Hard Drive – completely wipe the entire USB flash drive on Mac to permanently erase all data and files on the USB flash drive under Mac OS.
3. Wipe Free Space – permanently erase already deleted/formatted data on the USB flash drive without affecting the existing files on the USB flash drive.
Just choose the right mode to help you permanently delete files from USB flash drive on your Mac.
Step 3: Erase targeted files on the USB flash drive.
Just click on "Erase Now" or "Wipe Now" to erase the files or USB flash drive.
This is the secure and easy way to permanently delete files from USB flash drive on Mac. It also can help you erase data from inaccessible or damaged USB flash drive. Just download DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?