How to Permanently Erase Everything on a Mac before Selling or Giving Away It?
by Shirly Chen, 2017-01-13
"Hi, I have an old MacBook Pro. I am going to sell it on eBay.com. However, before selling it, I want to erase everything on it. Could you tell me how can I erase everything on a Mac? I mean permanently destroying all my data, not deleting or formatting because the deleted or formatted data can be easily recovered by Mac data recovery software." – LISA
It is safer to erase everything on a Mac before selling, donating or giving away it. You don’t want to other people, especially the hacker or cyber criminals to steal your sensitive data and information. So it is important to permanently erase everything from your Mac before you sell or give away it. The question is how to securely erase everything on a Mac. You can’t expect that you can permanently erase everything by deletion or formatting the Mac hard drive. It takes much time to delete all the files from your Mac, and, the most importantly, the deleted or formatted data can be easily recovered by data recovery software.
Erase Everything on a Mac with Super Eraser
If you want to permanently erase everything on a Mac, you need special Mac data erasure tool – DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac. It can help you erase everything on a Mac, making data recovery impossible. With advanced data erasure technology, DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac can permanently erase all data and overwrite the disk space. It means your data will be lost forever once the erasure process gets finished. Moreover, this powerful data erasure tool offers three options for you to erase everything on a Mac.
Mode 1: Erase Files and Folders
If you don’t want to erase the entire hard drive, this mode is good for you. It can help you erase files and folders on your Mac. You just need select the files and folders to the erasure list and click on "Erase Now" button. It will help you erase all selected files and folders.
Mode 2: Wipe Entire Hard Drive
This mode can erase everything on a Mac hard drive. It will erase the existing data and erase the data you have deleted or formatted. It means it will erase all the data and traces on your Mac.
Mode 3: Wipe Free Disk Space
This mode will not erase the existing data on your Mac. It will erase the unused disk space to permanently erase history data and traces including the data you have deleted or formatted, disk traces, etc.
As the data will be permanently erased by DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac, so please back up your important files before you use it to erase your Mac data. DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac is very easy to use and it 100% make sure erasing the data from your Mac.
Completely uninstall Mac applications
If you want to completely uninstall Mac applications, you can try Uninstaller tool. This Mac uninstaller can help you uninstall Mac apps in bathes by one click. It will uninstall applications and clean up all leftovers including app junk, logs, caches, register files, etc.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?