How to Erase Data under Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite?
by Shirly Chen, 2016-10-06
Data Erasure for Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite
When we plan to permanently delete some files on our 10.10 Yosemite Mac computers, we should find the reliable data erasure solution for Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. The files will not be permanently lost after deletion, emptying the trash bin or formatting the Mac hard drive. Data erasure is critical. If we can’t find the reliable solution to erase our sensitive data before selling old Mac computers, it is very dangerous. The cyber criminals can easily recover deleted/formatted data from our devices.
In previous articles, we have talk about how to permanently erase data under macOS Sierra, EI Capitan, etc. Today, we are going to show you an easy solution to permanently erase data under Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. If you are using a Mac with OS X 10.10 Yosemite, you can take this solution to destroy your data on your Mac, especially when you are going to resell or donate your Mac computer.
You just need a powerful Mac data erasure tool – DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac. It can help you securely erase data under Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite without leaving any chance of data recovery. Once the data is erased by DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac, it will be completely destroyed and lost. So you can use it to permanently erase data under Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite before you sell, donate or throw away your old Mac devices.
Three Options to Erase Data under Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite
At some time, we only need to erase a few files or folders to destroy our sensitive information. However, in some other cases, we will need to wipe the entire hard drive to destroy all data. DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac gives comprehensive data erasure solutions to help in erasing data under Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. It will meet all your needs of data erasure in different situations. It offers three options to let you easily erase data under Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
Option 1: Selectively erase files or folders under Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
This option is designed for destroying specific files or folders on your Mac. Just add files or folders to the list, then click on "Erase Now" to permanently destroy the selected files/folders under Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
Option 2: Wipe entire hard drive under Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
This option "Wipe Hard Drive" will complete erase the selected hard drive or storage media under Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. It will erase all the existing files and deleted/lost files on the selected hard drive. It is an irreversible process and will completely erase your data.
Option 3: Wipe deleted/lost data on your Mac.
In some cases, you have deleted your files or formatted a hard drive on your Mac. In order to prevent the deleted/formatted data from being recovered by Mac data recovery software, you can use this option to wipe the unused disk space on your Mac to permanently erase the deleted/lost data and disk traces. This option will not erase the existing data on your Mac hard drive.
Erasing data under Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite can help you avoid data leakage. It also will boost the performance of your old Mac computers.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?