Permanently Destroy and Wipe Data from Mac 10.10 Yosemite
by Shirly Chen, 2016-10-10
Permanently Wipe Data under Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite
Is there any way to permanently destroy and wipe data from Mac 10.10 Yosemite computers? When you remove the files to trash bin and empty the trash bin, your files are not permanently lost. They remain on your Yosemite Mac and can be recovered by Mac data recovery software. In order to shred and destroy files on Macs which have installed OS X 10.10 Yosemite, you need special data erasure tool.
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac is a powerful data erasure tool. It can help you easily and securely destroy and wipe data from Yosemite 10.10 Mac computers, leaving no chance of data recovery. It not only wipes the data, but it also overwrites the disk space of the wiped data to make data recovery impossible. It means your data on the Yosemite 10.10 Mac will be permanently lost after being wiped by DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac. DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac offers three data erasure modes for you to permanently destroying and wiping data under Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.
1. Selectively destroy files or folders under Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac allows you to shred & destroy files or folders under Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. Just launch this software on your Mac, you will see the first data erasure mode – Erase Files/Folders. What you need to do is adding the files or folders you want to wipe off your 10.10 Yosemite Mac computer. After adding the files/folders to the erasure list, you just need to click on "Erase Now" button to permanently destroy the selected files/folders under Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
2. Wipe entire hard drive under Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite
In some cases you need to destroy and wipe all your Mac data under 10.10 Yosemite. This mode "Wipe Volume/Device" can help you wipe the entire hard drive to destroy and wipe all the existing data and deleted/lost data on the hard drive under Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. It will wipe all the data and traces on the selected hard drive on your Yosemite 10.10 Mac computer, beyond the scope of data recovery. It also can wipe data from external hard drive, USB flash drive and digital camera under Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
3. Wipe unused disk space under Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite
The deleted and lost data is stored in the unused disk space of hard disk drive on your Mac. If you only want to wipe the deleted/lost data, this mode is the best option. It will wipe the unused disk space under Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite and destroy all the deleted/lost data without affecting the existing data.
Because that DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac will permanently destroy and wipe data under Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, so please back up your useful files to another hard drive before using DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac. It is strongly recommended to destroy and wipe all sensitive data before you sell/donate/giveaway your Mac computers or storage media devices. DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac also is the best option to clean Mac hard drive, format hard drive under OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?