Secure Solution to Prevent Data Recovery on External Hard Drive
by Shirly Chen, 2018-04-12
If you are going to sell your external hard drive, you may remove all the data on the external hard drive. But, do you know that the deleted or formatted data on the external hard drive can be recovered by data recovery software and data recovery service. So, it is dangerous if you sell your external hard drive to other people without destroying all the private data – any of user can recover your data information from the emptied external hard drive.
Is there any way to prevent data recovery on external hard drive?
Yes, data erasure software can help you prevent data recovery on external hard drive. The tool can help you erase the data permanently or overwrite the disk space of already deleted/formatted data on external hard drive. Today, we will introduce a secure data eraser to help you prevent data recovery on external hard drive.
The tool is DoYourData Super Eraser. This powerful data eraser can help you securely prevent deleted/formatted files on external hard drive from being recovered by data recovery software or other data recovery method. If you have formatted the external hard drive or want to prevent deleted files on your external hard drive, here is the guide:
Step 1: Download and install DoYourData Super Eraser on your PC or Mac, then run it.
Step 2: Connect the external hard drive with your PC or Mac.
Step 3: Choose mode "Wipe Free Space", select the external hard drive and wipe it.
The deleted/formatted or lost data is stored on the free disk space of the external hard drive. DoYourData Super Eraser will wipe the free disk space and overwrite the disk space with zero data. So, the deleted/formatted or lost data on the external hard drive will be permanently erased, can’t be recovered by any data recovery method. It is the secure and easy way to prevent data recovery on external hard drive.
DoYourData Super Eraser also offers other modes to help you permanently erase data from external hard drive, beyond the scope of data recovery.
Mode – Erase Files/Folders from external hard drive
This mode can help you permanently erase existing files/folders from the external hard drive. Once the files/folders are erased by this mode, they will be lost forever.
Mode – Wipe entire external hard drive
This mode will help you wipe entire external hard drive to permanently destroy all existing data and history data. It means all the data information on the external hard drive will be permanently erased. If you are going to sell, donate or abandon your external hard drive, this mode is perfect for you. Nobody can recovery any of your data information.
DoYourData Super Eraser can help you securely prevent data recovery on external hard drive. It also can help you prevent data recovery on HDD/SSD, USB flash drive, memory card, digital camera, etc. It is 100% safe, will not affect the service life of your device.
- Permanently Erase Data before Selling A PC or Hard Drive
- How to Securely and Permanently Wipe Seagate Hard Drive Data?
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Permanently Erase Photos from Digital Camera
- How to Format External Hard Drive on Windows or Mac?
- Kroll Ontrack Data Erasure Software Alternative
- Prevent Recovery of Deleted Files and Formatted Files
- How to Permanently Delete Files in Windows 10?
- Two Ways to Format USB Flash Drive on PC/Mac
- Permanently Erase Data before Selling External Hard Drive
Data Erasure Tips
- Permanently Destroy or Erase Photos
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Wipe USB Drive Data
- How to Permanently Erase SD Card Data
- Wipe WD (western digital) External Hard Drive
- Permanently Wipe All Data from Mobile Phone SD Card
- Permanently Erase Data on Removable Hard Disk
- How to Permanently Wipe Memory Card Data?
- How to Destroy Data from Windows 7 Hard Drive?
- How to Wipe Window 8 Hard Drive Partition?
- Shred and Destroy Word, Excel, PowerPoint files
- Permanently Delete a File from the SD Card
- How to Wipe Windows 2000 Hard Drive Partition?
- Securely Erase Data from Samsung Portable Hard Drive
- How to Wipe Hard Drive in Windows Server 2019?