How to Recover Lost Data from Corrupted Memory Card?
by Justin Kenny, 2016-07-04
When your memory card gets corrupted, you may think it could no longer be used and throw it to the trash bin. How about the data that was stored on the memory card? You would think it does not matter if you have backups or the data is not important. Otherwise, you will feel desperate. Do we really have a solution to recover lost data from corrupted memory card? In this article, I will show you an easy and effective way to recover lost data from corrupted memory card, SD card, SDHC card, micro card, etc.
Special data recovery software can help people recover deleted or lost files from hard drive or storage media. If you can find the right one, you have a chance to recover lost data from corrupted memory card. DoYourData is an award-winning data recovery software brand. It could get all files back regardless of the data loss causes. It can scan the corrupted memory card, SD card, SDHC card, micro card to find lost data. Here are the steps to recover lost data from corrupted memory card.
5 Steps to Recover Lost Data from Corrupted Memory Card
Step 1: Download and install DoYourData.
DoYourData offers both Windows version and Mac version. Just quickly download and install it on your PC or Mac. Then run it.
Step 2: Connect your corrupted memory card with your computer.
When you are going to recover lost data from a corrupted memory card, just connect it to the computer that has installed DoYourData.
Step 3: Run DoYourData.
When you run DoYourData, it scans and finds your corrupted memory card automatically. Select the corrupted memory card as the targeted drive to start recovery.
Step 4: Select file types.
DoYourData can recover all kinds of lost files from your corrupted memory card. If you only want to recover photos or documents, just select them. Then click on Scan button to start scanning the corrupted memory card to find lost data.
Step 5: Preview and recover files.
After scanning, you can preview the files, search the files, filter the files. Then selectively save them to you computer. Please don’t save it to your corrupted memory card.
It is so easy to recover lost data from corrupted memory card with DoYourData software. There are also some tips for you:
- Don’t put new data to the corrupted memory card before you recover lost data. Just don’t use it.
- Don’t save the recovered data to the corrupted memory card, you can save the data to other place like hard drive.
- You can format the corrupted memory card after you successfully get your data back.
If you are going to discard your corrupted memory card, you should make sure you have recovered your data. And you’d better permanently wipe the memory card in case that other people will recover your data from it. Super Eraser is a powerful tool that can help you permanently erase the data from your memory card, beyond the scope of data recovery. You can try it if you don’t want to keep your memory card any more.
- Samsung SD Card Data Recovery Solution
- Recover SD Card Data under Mac
- Recover Raw Files from Erased SD Card
- How to Recover Lost Data on SD Card
- Formatted Memory Card Data Recovery
- SanDisk Compact Flash Card Data Recovery
- Recover Lost Files from SmartMedia Card
- How to Recover Formatted Camera Card on Mac?
- Recover Lost Data from SDHC Card with Freeware
- How to Recover Lost Data from Corrupted Memory Card?
Data Recovery Tips
- Powerful Undelete SD Card Software
- Recover RAW Files from Camera Card
- Recover Lost Files from Unrecognized SD Card under Mac
- Recover Deleted Files on MMC Card
- Recover Lost Data from xD Card
- Recover Lost Photos on SD Card
- Recover Photos from Formatted Digital Camera Card
- Recover Deleted, Formatted or Lost Files from XQD Card
- How to Restore Lost Files from CF Card under Mac?
- MMC Card Data Recovery on Mac
- Recover Lost Data from SanDisk Extreme Card on Mac
- CFast Memory Card Data Recovery Solution
- How to Recover Lost Data from Sony SD/SDHC/XQD Card?
- Lexar Memory Card Data Recovery Solution with Freeware
- Fix ‘SD Card Is Not Showing Pictures’ and Recover Missing Pictures