How to Securely Wipe Mac Data under OS X 10.11 EI Capitan?
by Shirly Chen, 2016-09-16
Data Recovery is very powerful. It is possible to recover deleted/formatted files from Mac hard drive or storage media. So when we are talking about data wipe, we mean to permanently wipe the data without leaving any chance of data recovery. Here, we are talking about how to permanently wipe Mac data under OS X EI Capitan.
When we are going to sell an old Mac with OS X EI Capitan, we should ensure that all the private files are permanently erased. If we only delete the files or format the hard drive, the files will not lost forever. They are stored in the unused disk space. With free Mac data recovery software, anyone can easily recover lost files from Mac under OS X EI Capitan. In order to permanently wipe data under OS X 10.11 EI Capitan, we need special data erasing tool – Super Eraser for Mac.
Securely Wipe Mac Data under OS X EI Capitan with Super Eraser
When we wipe Mac under OS X 10.11 EI Capitan, we should destroy the data and overwrite the disk space of the erased data. Super Eraser for Mac can do the job. It will destroy data under OS X EI Capitan and overwrite the disk space with zero data. It will not affect the physical performance of the Mac. You don’t worry about that it will erase the wrong data. It offers three modes to wipe data under different situations.
Mode 1: Selectively erase files under OS X EI Capitan
Some sensitive files should be permanently destroyed if you are going to give your Mac to other people. This mode will help you permanently erase files or folders under OS X 10.11 EI Capitan. The steps are very easy: add files or folders you want to erase -> click on "Erase Now" to erase them.
Mode 2: Wipe hard drive or storage media under OS X 10.11 EI Capitan
When you are going to resell, donate or throw away your Mac, you’d better use this mode to permanently erase all the existing and preciously existing data under OS X 10.11 EI Capitan. It will destroy all the data on the selected hard drive under OS X 10.11 EI Capitan, including the existing data and deleted/lost data.
Mode 3: Wipe Deleted/Lost data under OS X 10.11 EI Capitan
This mode is designed for wiping unused disk space to erase deleted/lost data on OS X 10.11 EI Capitan Mac. It will erase all the traces of deleted/lost data without affecting the existing files.
After wiping data under OS X 10.11 EI Capitan, your data is lost for good. It can’t be recovered by any data recovery software or service. You can safely sell, donate or lend your Mac to other people. People don’t wipe data every day. However, the data should be erased if other people will get the device. If the data falls into wrong hands, it would be terrible. Super Eraser for Mac can securely wipe Mac data under OS X 10.11 EI Capitan. It also can wipe data under macOS Sierra and other Mac OS versions.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?