How to Reformat USB Flash Drive on Mac?
by Shirly Chen, 2016-08-18
USB flash drive is widely used for data storage because it almost can work with all computers and hard drives. When you get a new USB flash drive, you don’t need to free up disk space. However, the storage space gets less and less after the USB flash drive was used time after time. Or your USB flash drive gets damaged due to improper operation. The best way to resolve these issues is reformatting the USB flash drive, making it become as new as when you get it. In precious articles, we have talked about reformatting USB flash drive on Windows PC. Today, I want to show you an easy & secure way to reformat USB flash drive on Mac.
Some Mac users often empty the USB flash drive by deleting the files from the USB flash drive. It is a good way to reclaim storage space from the full USB flash drive. But this method has its disadvantages. First of all, it takes so much time to empty all the files. It is easy and quick to delete 10 or even 100 files, but it is difficult to delete ten thousands or more files within a short time. The second, it is impossible to delete the hidden, erased or virus infected files from the USB flash drive. And the third, it can’t reformat the file system. Please remember that the deleted files can be easily recovered by data recovery software. So if you are going to donate or giveaway your USB flash drive, this method is not secure, because other people can steal your personal data by recovering the deleted files.
Best, Secure, Quick Solution to Reformat USB Flash Drive on Mac
It is strongly recommended to use Mac data erasing software to reformat USB flash drive on Mac. It is the easy, secure way to wipe data on USB flash drive under Mac OS. Super Eraser for Mac is a very powerful yet easy-to-use Mac data erasing software application. It offers secure and easy solution to reformat USB flash drive on Mac.
The steps are very simple: download and install Super Eraser for Mac -> connect USB flash drive with your Mac –> select the erasure mode: Wipe Hard Drive -> wipe the USB drive.
After clicking on Wipe Now button, the software will format the USB flash drive and wipe all data on it.
Once the process gets finished, the USB flash drive is formatted and all data is erased.
Please note that:
1. This solution will reformat the USB flash drive on Mac and permanently erase all the data and traces on your USB flash drive (erase all the data including existing data, hidden data, deleted data, history traces).
2. Please back up your important files before wiping the USB flash drive.
It is the easy to securely reformat USB flash drive on Mac. When the process gets finished, all the data on your USB flash drive will be erased and can’t be recovered by any data recovery software or manual data recovery service. It means the data is lost forever. Within 1-2 clicks, you can reformat USB flash drive on Mac. After that, your USB flash drive becomes as new as when you get it, you will reclaim GBs of storage space.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?