How to Permanently Erase Data before Selling A PC or Hard Drive?
by Shirly Chen, 2017-05-03
Want to Permanently Erase Data before Selling A PC?
"Hi, I am going to sell an old PC that I have been using for about 5 years. There are lots of existing files and deleted files on the PC which are very private for me. I am looking for a solution to permanently erase the data before selling the PC. I hope fetch a good price, so I just want to permanently erase data, don’t want to any physical damage. Can you give me any suggestion? " – Bertens
If you are planning to sell an old PC/hard drive, the biggest risk is data leakage. Whether you delete your data and empty the recycle bin or format the hard drive, your data still can be stolen by other people. Thousands of data recovery software can easily recover deleted or formatted data from your old PC/hard drive. So, it is very dangerous if you don’t permanently destroy your data before you selling an old PC to other person. The question is: how to permanently private data before selling an old PC or hard drive, how to make sure all the data is lost forever?
Data Erasure Tool for Permanently Erasing Data before Selling PC/Hard Drive
The deleted/formatted data can be recovered because the data is still stored on the hard drive before the disk space of the deleted/formatted data is overwritten by other data. DoYourData Super Eraser is one of the most popular data erasure tools. It can help you erase sensitive data and overwrite the disk space of the erased data to avoid data recovery. So, once your data is erased by DoYourData Super Eraser, your data is lost forever, no trace will be left.
- Permanently erase private data before you sell an old PC/hard drive.
- 100% make data recovery impossible.
- No physical damage. Will not shorten the service life of your PC/hard drive.
DoYourData Super Eraser can securely erase your data before you sell an old PC or hard drive. It is fully compatible with Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10, Windows Pro, and Windows Server. It also can help you permanently erase sensitive data before you sell a Mac.
DoYourData Super Eraser offer three data erasure modes for you to erase data before sell old PC or hard drive disk.
Mode 1: erase files and folders before selling PC/hard drive
This mode allows you to selectively erase files and folders from your PC hard drive.
Mode 2: wipe entire hard drive before selling PC/hard drive
This mode will destroy all existing data and history data on your PC hard drive. It means all the data and traces on the hard drive will be permanently erased.
Mode 3: wipe free disk space before selling PC/hard drive
This mode will only erase history data (already deleted/formatted or lost data and traces). It will not affect the existing data on your hard drive.
It is strongly recommended to permanently erase your photos, videos, documents, emails and other sensitive data before you sell old PC or hard drive. DoYourData Super Eraser can securely and easily help you erase data from PC hard drive. Just download it and erase your data before selling an old PC.
- Permanently Erase Data before Selling A PC or Hard Drive
- How to Securely and Permanently Wipe Seagate Hard Drive Data?
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Permanently Erase Photos from Digital Camera
- How to Format External Hard Drive on Windows or Mac?
- Kroll Ontrack Data Erasure Software Alternative
- Prevent Recovery of Deleted Files and Formatted Files
- How to Permanently Delete Files in Windows 10?
- Two Ways to Format USB Flash Drive on PC/Mac
- Permanently Erase Data before Selling External Hard Drive
Data Erasure Tips
- Permanently Destroy or Erase Photos
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Wipe USB Drive Data
- How to Permanently Erase SD Card Data
- Wipe WD (western digital) External Hard Drive
- Permanently Wipe All Data from Mobile Phone SD Card
- Permanently Erase Data on Removable Hard Disk
- How to Permanently Wipe Memory Card Data?
- How to Destroy Data from Windows 7 Hard Drive?
- How to Wipe Window 8 Hard Drive Partition?
- Shred and Destroy Word, Excel, PowerPoint files
- Permanently Delete a File from the SD Card
- How to Wipe Windows 2000 Hard Drive Partition?
- Securely Erase Data from Samsung Portable Hard Drive
- How to Wipe Hard Drive in Windows Server 2019?