The best disk cloning software DoYourClone is able to clone drive effectively and create an exact copy of your drive. This article will show you how to securely clone SSD to HDD with this software.
Reasons to clone SSD to HDD
- Clone SSD to HDD as backup. Mostly, SSD is faster than HDD. However, you still need to clone SSD to HDD in some cases. For example, you can clone the data from SSD to HDD as backup. HDD has large size and can keep more data, it’s better to use HDD as backup drive for your SSD. It’s very important to securely clone SSD to HDD and keep your data safe.
- Intermediate step for SSD replacement. Sometimes, if you want to update your special SSD with another SSD but don’t have 2 interfaces for SSD on your computer, you can first clone SSD to HDD. Then connect the new SSD and clone HDD to the SSD.
- Update SSD with larger HDD. If you find the space on the SSD is used up and more free space is required, you can clone SSD to HDD. Then you can get more space for further use on your machine. In such a case, a reliable disk cloning software is needed. DoYourClone as the best tool to clone drive, it can help you clone SSD to HDD effectively and securely. You can download the software to have a try first.
With the SSD disk cloning software, you are able to clone the drive and ensure to copy all the data from SSD to HDD completely. It’s secure and reliable to create an exact copy of your SSD on the HDD. Besides, you can even create sector by sector copy of your SSD to HDD with this tool.
How to clone SSD to HDD step by step?
There are only a few steps needed to clone SSD to HDD with this disk cloning software. It can only only clone the partition, but also it can clone entire SSD to HDD.Here we will show you the guide to clone entire SSD to HDD.
Step 1. Start the disk cloning software. Choose the SSD as source drive and choose the HDD as the destination drive.
Step 2. Please click the Clone button and then it will start to clone the SSD to the HDD. It will take some time and please wait patiently.
Step 3. After the SSD is cloned to the HDD, you can go to the HDD to check if the clone is successful.
SSD Clone Tips:
- 1. If you clone the SSD to HDD, it will overwrite the destination partition or disk. So please ensure to clone to an empty HDD or a HDD without important data.
- 2. If you clone a system drive, we suggest you choose the entire disk to clone.
- 3. To clone SSD to a larger HDD, you can edit the partition(s) to use the full space on the HDD before proceeding the clone.
As you can see, with several steps, you are able to clone SSD to HDD successfully with the disk cloning software. If the SSD is a system drive, you can directly boot from the clone HDD without problems.
Also, the software can help you clone SSD to SSD, or clone HDD to SSDD, and so on. It can even clone a large drive to a smaller one, if the used space on the large drive is not larger than the size of the smaller drive. The software can work effectively on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and macOS. If you want to clone your drive on your computer, feel free to download this disk cloning software to have a try.