How to Restore Lost Files from Virus Infected USB Drive?
by Justin Kenny, 2016-01-25
"How to restore lost files from virus infected USB drive? My USB drive was seriously attacked by some unknown virus, all my files were gone. Is there any way to recover my files back?" – Kinlina Jimoe
Virus infection is one of the biggest threats to USB drive data security. When the USB drive gets virus infected, the files on the hard drive may be removed. It is the worst time because you may lose all your important data. If you are facing the following problems, just read on to find the solution to restore lost files from virus infected USB drive.
- The files or folders are changed to shortcuts.
- There are some shortcuts with same name present there and that points to some weird files (usually .scr).
- When open the USB drive, it asks "The device is not formatted, do you want to format it now?"
- All/partial the files are gone due to virus infection.
- Can.t access to the USB drive or the folders on the USB drive.
- The computer can.t recognize the USB drive when they are connected.
All the symptoms above imply that your USB drive has been infected by virus/malware/Trojan. When it happens to your USB drive, don't panic, there must be a solution for you to remove the virus and restore lost files.
Step 1: Remove the virus
Before doing file recovery from your virus infected USB drive, you.d better remove the virus from it immediately. Just connect your USB drive to a PC or Mac that is protected with antivirus software. Run the antivirus software to scan your USB drive, find and remove the virus.
Step 2: Restore lost files from virus infected USB drive with data recovery software
When you find your files are disappeared from your USB drive, they are not permanently lost or destroyed. Data recovery software can easily help you restore lost files from virus infected USB drive. But finding the right software is the key point. There are a lot of data recovery programs on the market, but most all them are very difficult to use.
Do Your Data Recovery is a very simple to use program that can completely restore lost files from virus infected USB drive. Just install it on your computer, then run it to scan your virus infected USB drive to find lost files. The wiard-based interface makes data recovery easy for you. Please don't save the recovered files to your USB drive in case that the files will overwrite the disk space of lost files. Save them to another place.
If you frequently use USB drive to transfer data between different computers, your USB drive can be easily attacked by virus. You must be careful, don't use the USB drive on the computer which has no antivirus protection. It is recommended to regularly scan your USB drive with antivirus software and back up your USB drive files. When you find that your USB drive is infected by virus, don't use it any more. Just use Do Your Data Recovery to restore your files.
- Recover Lost Files from WD Elements Portable Hard Drive
- 1TB External Hard Drive Data Recovery
- Recover Lost Data from Memory Stick
- Recover Lost Data from Formatted Seagate External Hard Drive
- Mac USB Drive Data Recovery
- Recover Lost Videos and Photos from Sony Camera
- Recover Deleted Photos from Kodak Digital Camera
- Recover Lost Data from Toshiba External Hard Drive on Mac with Freeware
- Full Kingston USB Flash Drive Data Recovery Solution
- WD Red NAS Hard Drive Lost File Recovery
- How to Recover Deleted Videos from Digital Camcorder?
- Recover Deleted or Lost Digital Camera Photos under Mac OS
- Freeware for Raw USB Drive Data Recovery
- Mac USB Drive Data Recovery Freeware
- Restore Lost Files from Corrupted USB drive on Mac
- Recover Data from a Dead USB drive
- Restore Lost Files from Virus Infected USB Drive
- Unformat Toshiba External Hard Drive on Windows and Mac
- Recover Data from Unmounted External Hard Drive on Mac
- Recover Data from SanDisk Extreme USB flash drive on Mac
- How to Repair External Hard Drive on Mac?
- How to Recover Lost Data from XQD Card on Mac?
- How to Recover Lost Photos from Canon EOS Camera?
- Restore All Files When External Hard Drive Is Not Showing Files
- Old, Unused, Discarded, Dead External Hard Disk Data Recovery