Format and Wipe HDD on Mac with Super Eraser for Mac
by Shirly Chen, 2019-10-21
As we can do if our Mac's hard drive is too full and needs to free up space is one of the questions we ask ourselves daily. Just by formatting the HDD (hard disk drive) on the computer would be enough however there is a risk that some information or bad copy of our old data is causing reading errors and even if we decide to sell it or give it to someone it is a worrying thing that someone else can access our data. Don’t worry, there is a safe solution to format HDD on Mac and permanently wipe all data on the HDD.
Format HDD on Mac with DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac
There are many reasons why a Mac user need to format a HDD on Mac. For example, when you purchase a new HDD and want to sell your old HDD, you have to format and wipe the old HDD so that nobody can recover your data on the old HDD. You don’t need to connect the HDD to a Windows computer and format it with Windows format tool. There are many Mac disk format tools can help you format a HDD on Mac. Here, we recommend DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac.
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac not only can help you format the HDD, but it also can permanently wipe all data on the DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac, leaving no trace for data recovery.
Step 1: Download the DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac to your computer and open it.
After selecting the download version for Mac you will have to install it and when you finish opening it to be able to start the process of formatting your hard drive when you see the main screen of the program you will be able to observe the different tools that you can use.
Step2: Select the wipe hard drive option to start the format process.
When you have the DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac open you will have to select the Wipe Hard Drive option to erase disk to be able to select from the list where the devices are displayed the hard drive of your Mac that you want to format. Once selected you only have to press the Wipe button now to start the process that will take based on the amount of information the drive contains.
When the erasure process is finished, the HDD is formatted and all data on the HDD is gone forever.
It is also very easy to format a HDD using Disk Utility. But, the erased data on the HDD which is erased by Disk Utility can be recovered by data recovery software. If you want to format the HDD and permanently wipe all data on the HDD, it is strongly recommended to use Disk Utility to format/wipe the HDD.
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac is a very powerful data erasure software, it also can help you wipe SSD, USB flash drive, memory card and other storage device on Mac. It will not cause any damage to your HDD/SSD, device. Free try DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac:
Other tools to format HDD on Mac
There are many other tools can help you format HDD on Mac, but the formatted data can be recovered by data recovery software. Here, we list some useful tools to easily format HDD on Mac.
- Disk Utility - A built-in disk management application, it can easily and securely erase HDD on Mac.
- MacClean360 - It offers a disk tool to manage disk drives on Mac. By using it, it can quickly format HDD on Mac.
- Start Menu for Mac - A Windows-style for Mac OS, can help you format HDD.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?