How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
by Shirly Chen, 2016-09-08
As we know, deletion or format can’t permanently erase data from hard drive or external hard drive. Whether you delete the files or format the entire external hard drive, you can’t get rid of them permanently. The files are hidden on your external hard drive after deletion or format. With free Mac data recovery software, anyone can recover the deleted/formatted files from your external hard drive under Mac OS. Then is there any way to permanently erase external hard drive on Mac? YES! Here is the reliable and safe solution for Mac users to permanently erase external hard drive data on Mac.
The key point to permanently erase data is overwriting the disk space of the erased data with zero data. So you need data erasing software to help you permanently erase external hard drive data on Mac. Super Eraser for Mac is the best Mac data erasing software. It can help Mac users securely erase external hard drive data under Mac OS. With advanced recovery technology, the erased data will be permanently erased, the disk space of the erased data will be overwritten by zero data. It is 100% impossible to recover lost files from external hard drive after you use Super Eraser for Mac to erase it on Mac.
Three Modes to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac
Best of all, it offers three modes for you to erase external hard drive on Mac. Here they are:
Mode 1: Erase Files or Folders from External Hard Drive on Mac
This mode will help you permanently erase files or folders selectively on external hard drive under Mac OS. It will not affect other files or folders. Just add the files or folders you want to destroy, then click on "Erase Now" button to erase the selected files/folders.
Mode 2: Wipe Entire External Hard Drive on Mac
If you are going to sell, donate or throw away your old external hard drive, you can try this mode. It will wipe the entire external hard drive on Mac to permanently destroy and wipe all existing and history data and traces. You will regain the full storage of the external hard drive. It will not affect the service life of the external hard drive.
If the hard drive is NTFS external hard drive, just check this guide: erase NTFS hard drive on Mac.
Mode 3: Wipe Deleted/Lost Data on External Hard Drive
As we know, the deleted or formatted files are still on the external hard drive after deletion or format. This mode will wipe the unused disk space to permanently erase the deleted/formatted data without erasing the existing data.
You’d better to permanently erase your external hard drive data before you give it to other people or throw it away in case that other people would steal your personal information by recovering files from your old external hard drive. Super Eraser for Mac offers easy and secure solution to help you permanently erase external hard drive data on Mac. It has been equipped with advanced data erasure methods that can securely and permanently erase existing data and deleted/lost data. It is the best choice for you to permanently erase external hard drive data on Mac.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?