How to Completely Format SD Card on Mac?
by Shirly Chen, 2016-08-19
There are many reasons why people want to format SD card on Mac. To regain the storage space is the most common reason. When the SD card has been used over and over, time after time, it is prone to be full of junk or even virus. Formatting the SD card is the best way to regain the full storage. And it is the good way to remove stubborn and virus infected files from the SD card.
The most important, when people are going to resell, giveaway, donate or discard their old SD cards, it is strongly recommended to permanently and completely format the SD card to destroy all the personal data. Otherwise, other people may steal their information by recover data from the SD card.
How to Securely Format SD Card on Mac?
"I have a 16 GB SD card, but it is full with junk files. I want to access to the full storage of the SD card. So I want to format it to clean up all junk and traces. When I connect it to Mac, I launch your software to format it with 1-click. So easy! I think it is the simplest way to completely format SD card on Mac." – Linda
Many Mac users, especially the newbie, don’t know how to format hard drives or storage devices under Mac OS. So we develop an easy-to-use and efficient tool to help Mac users easily format hard drive or removable device. The tool is Super Eraser for Mac. Super Eraser for Mac offers three data wipe modes for permanently wiping data on Mac hard drive/storage media device. The second mode – wipe volume/device can help people securely and completely format SD card on Mac. Here are the easy steps to format SD card on Mac with Super Eraser for Mac.
Step 1: Download and install DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac on your Mac.
Step 2: Connect your SD card with the Mac.
Step 3: Back up or copy your useful files to other hard drive.
Step 4: Super Eraser for Mac will scan your Mac and find the SD card automatically.
Step 5: Select the mode "Wipe Hard Drive", and start wiping the SD card.
Erasing the SD card on Mac.
The SD card is erased and formatted.
Super Eraser for Mac can easily format the SD card on Mac. But please note that it will clean up all the existing files and deleted files on your SD card. So before you format the SD card with Super Eraser for Mac, you should back up your important files to other place. When the formatting process gets finished, all the existing, hidden, history data on the SD card will be permanently erased, it is like you get a completely new SD card. The formatted data can’t be recovered by any data recovery software.
Compare with other solutions to format SD card on Mac, Super Eraser for Mac is more easy-to-use and more secure. It will permanently wipe the data on the SD card, making data recovery impossible. So before you giveaway, donate or give your SD card to other people, you can use this solution to format the SD card on Mac.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?