Permanently Erase Data on Windows 8/8.1 PC with Easy Software
by Shirly Chen, 2016-10-03
"Hi, I am going to sell my old Windows 8 PC on eBay, and want to erase all my private data before I sell it. I don’t want to other people recover my data intentional or unintentional. I try many ways to erase the data like reinstalling the operating system, deleting + emptying recycle bin, formatting the entire hard drive. However, none of them could destroy and permanently erase my data. I can still recover my lost files using data recovery software. Could you tell me how to permanently erase data on Windows 8 PC? Thanks a lot." – BAKER GOGIE
Last week, I wrote an article about how to easily recover deleted or formatted data from Windows 8/8.1 PC. Today, I will show you a reliable way to avoid data recovery on Windows 8/8.1 PC and permanently erase sensitive data. It is very dangerous if you don’t destroy your private data before you resell or giveaway your computer, USB drive, external hard drive, digital camera, etc. Because that anyone can easily recover your lost data with data recovery software as I told you last week. To prevent your private data from being recovered by others, you have to use special data erasure tool to permanently destroy the data and overwrite the disk space.
Special Software for Permanently Erasing Data from Windows 8/8.1 PC
Data erasure software can help you easily and securely erase data from Windows 8/8.1 PC. DoYourData Super Eraser is the most powerful data erasure software on the market. It has the ability to shred and destroy the selected data on your Windows 8/8.1 PC leaving no chance of data recovery. Moreover, it offers three data erasure modes to meet your needs in different situations.
Mode 1: Selectively erase files or folders from Windows 8/8.1 PC
In most cases, you only want to erase some of your files or folders that contain very private information. This mode is perfect for only permanently erase some files or folders. The operation is pretty simple. Just select the files or folders you want to permanently erase from your Windows 8/8.1 PC, then click on "Erase Now" button to permanently erase them. It is very easy, isn’t it?
Mode 2: Wipe hard drive on Windows 8/8.1 PC
If you just want to resell or donate your device, it is strongly recommended to destroy and erase all your data on your Windows 8/8.1 PC. This mode can help you wipe entire hard drive partition on your Windows 8/8.1 PC. It will destroy and erase all the existing data, deleted/lost data and disk traces on your Windows 8/8.1 PC. You just need to select the hard drive you want to wipe, then click on "Wipe Now" button to permanently erase all your data from the Windows 8/8.1 PC.
Mode 3: Erase deleted/lost data on your Windows 8/8.1 PC
As I said before, the deleted or formatted data are not lost forever, it is stored in the unused disk space on your Windows 8/8.1 PC and can be restore by data recovery software. This mode is designed for erase the unusd disk space to permanently erase the deleted/lost data and disk traces on your Windows 8/8.1 PC. For example, if you have deleted 5GB documents from your Windows 8/8.1 PC and have emptied the recycle bin, the 5GB documents can be recovered by data recovery software. If you use this mode to wipe unused disk space on your Windows 8/8.1 PC, the deleted 5GB documents and other deleted/lost files on your Windows 8/8.1 PC will be lost forever.
It is very secure and easy to permanently erase data from Windows 8/8.1 PC with DoYourData Super Eraser. Please back up your important files to a secondary hard disk drive before you erase your data or wipe the hard drive on your Windows 8/8.1 PC.
- Permanently Erase Data before Selling A PC or Hard Drive
- How to Securely and Permanently Wipe Seagate Hard Drive Data?
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Permanently Erase Photos from Digital Camera
- How to Format External Hard Drive on Windows or Mac?
- Kroll Ontrack Data Erasure Software Alternative
- Prevent Recovery of Deleted Files and Formatted Files
- How to Permanently Delete Files in Windows 10?
- Two Ways to Format USB Flash Drive on PC/Mac
- Permanently Erase Data before Selling External Hard Drive
Data Erasure Tips
- Permanently Destroy or Erase Photos
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Wipe USB Drive Data
- How to Permanently Erase SD Card Data
- Wipe WD (western digital) External Hard Drive
- Permanently Wipe All Data from Mobile Phone SD Card
- Permanently Erase Data on Removable Hard Disk
- How to Permanently Wipe Memory Card Data?
- How to Destroy Data from Windows 7 Hard Drive?
- How to Wipe Window 8 Hard Drive Partition?
- Shred and Destroy Word, Excel, PowerPoint files
- Permanently Delete a File from the SD Card
- How to Wipe Windows 2000 Hard Drive Partition?
- Securely Erase Data from Samsung Portable Hard Drive
- How to Wipe Hard Drive in Windows Server 2019?