Permanently Erase Data before Selling External Hard Drive
by Shirly Chen, 2018-12-21
"Hi, I am planning to sell an old external hard drive. But, before selling it, I wonder if I can permanently erase all my private data on the external hard drive. Every time I format the external hard drive, the data recovery program still can scan and find my data. Is there any way to permanently erase my data before selling the external hard drive?" - Goris
How to permanently erase data before selling old external hard drive? Just delete all files or format the external hard drive? NO! Data Recovery Software can easily and quickly recover deleted or formatted data from an external hard drive. When other people get your external hard drive, he or she can easily get your private data. In most cases, the user wants to permanently erase sensitive data before selling an old external hard drive.
Erase data permanently from an external hard drive at the time of sale
Our external hard drives are tools that must be permanently erased when selling them to someone else, as we tend to store in the information of all kinds, from photos and videos of our travels to important documents of our daily life or the office. To be always up to date with our tools and devices of daily use is something essential, to have where to store data to dispose of it in any place and moment, facilitates very much our daily journey, from the simplest thing like storing our favorite movies until having several files of legal importance, it is for this reason that at the moment of selling our disks we must leave them as if there had never been anything stored in them.
DoYourData Super Eraser, offers us three methods by which the total erasure of these data is possible, simply download it from its official website through the button that we will leave below and once on your PC install it, then with a few simple steps, we will explain everything that this program can do for you.
Mode 1: Permanently delete some files before selling old external hard drive.
If you only want to permanently erase some files from external hard drive before you sell it, this mode is perfect for you. You just need to add the files from the external hard drive to the erasure list, then click on "Erase Now" button to permanently shred the selected files.
Mode 2: Wipe external hard drive before you sell it.
This mode will help you wipe all data information on the external hard drive before you sell it. This is the recommended method to erase all data before selling external hard drive.
Mode 3: Wipe free disk space of external hard drive.
If you don’t want to erase the existing files on the external hard drive, but want to permanently erase previously deleted data, this is best method. This mode will erase free disk space of the external hard drive to destroy all deleted/lost data on the external hard drive.
DoYourData Super Eraser offers the 3 modes to help you permanently erase data before selling old external hard drive. We strongly recommend to mode 2 to permanently wipe all data on the external hard drive before you sell it.
- Permanently Erase Data before Selling A PC or Hard Drive
- How to Securely and Permanently Wipe Seagate Hard Drive Data?
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Permanently Erase Photos from Digital Camera
- How to Format External Hard Drive on Windows or Mac?
- Kroll Ontrack Data Erasure Software Alternative
- Prevent Recovery of Deleted Files and Formatted Files
- How to Permanently Delete Files in Windows 10?
- Two Ways to Format USB Flash Drive on PC/Mac
- Permanently Erase Data before Selling External Hard Drive
Data Erasure Tips
- Permanently Destroy or Erase Photos
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Wipe USB Drive Data
- How to Permanently Erase SD Card Data
- Wipe WD (western digital) External Hard Drive
- Permanently Wipe All Data from Mobile Phone SD Card
- Permanently Erase Data on Removable Hard Disk
- How to Permanently Wipe Memory Card Data?
- How to Destroy Data from Windows 7 Hard Drive?
- How to Wipe Window 8 Hard Drive Partition?
- Shred and Destroy Word, Excel, PowerPoint files
- Permanently Delete a File from the SD Card
- How to Wipe Windows 2000 Hard Drive Partition?
- Securely Erase Data from Samsung Portable Hard Drive
- How to Wipe Hard Drive in Windows Server 2019?