KillDisk Alternative Free Download for Windows and Mac
by Shirly Chen, 2016-11-29
What is KillDisk?
KillDisk is a hard disk eraser program. It can help users to destroy data on hard disk drive. It offers secure solution to erase data from hard drives, USB flash drives and external hard drives. However, KillDisk is not the best choice for data erasure although it is powerful.
Disadvantages of KillDisk
- As KillDisk is a very old program, so the interface is complicated & un-user-friendly which makes data erasure difficult to perform.
- It is a little expensive for common users. It costs your $79.95 to unlock the full version.
- You can’t erase data from unlimited devices. For example, it doesn’t allow you to erase data from Mac hard drive.
Free Download Best KillDisk Alternative for PC and Mac
DoYourData provides reliable KillDisk alternative for both Windows user and Mac user to easily and permanently erase data from any type or hard drive or storage media. Compared with other data erasure software, KillDisk alternative is much easier to use yet more powerful. It supports to erase data from hard drive, USB flash drive, external hard drive, digital camera, memory card, SD card, video player, music player, RAID, Server, etc. With certified data erasure technologies, KillDisk alternative can permanently destroy data from any device. Once the data is erased by KillDisk alternative, the data will be permanently lost, can’t be recovered by any data recovery software or data recovery service.
Moreover, KillDisk alternative can be installed on PC and Mac. It is fully compatible with all Windows operating systems and macOS 10.12, OS X 10.6 – 10.11.
DoYourData KillDisk alternative is very easy-to-use. It offers three data erasure modes for users to permanently destroy data under various situations.
KillDisk alternative data erasure mode 1: Erase Files/Folders
This mode allows users to selectively erase files or folders from hard drive/storage media. It is very useful to destroy some files that contain very private information. You don’t have to wipe the entire hard drive. Just add the files or folders to the erasure list and click on "Erase Now" button, the selected files/folders will permanently lost from your computer or storage media device.
KillDisk alternative data erasure mode 2: Wipe hard drive
When you are going to resell your hard drive, you can use this mode to wipe your hard drive to permanently destroy all existing data and history data on your hard drive. It means all your data on the hard drive will be lost forever.
KillDisk alternative data erasure mode 3: Erase deleted/lost data
This mode will not erase the existing data on your hard drive. It will erase the deleted/lost data on the hard drive. So when you deleted or formatted data on your hard drive, you can use this mode to permanently erase all deleted/lost data on your hard drive.
DoYourData KillDisk alternative can help you easily and securely erase data from hard drive or storage media. This software is pretty simple to use and very cheap. You can use it to erase files for free. If you want to upgrade to pro version, just need less than $20.00.
- Permanently Erase Data before Selling A PC or Hard Drive
- How to Securely and Permanently Wipe Seagate Hard Drive Data?
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Permanently Erase Photos from Digital Camera
- How to Format External Hard Drive on Windows or Mac?
- Kroll Ontrack Data Erasure Software Alternative
- Prevent Recovery of Deleted Files and Formatted Files
- How to Permanently Delete Files in Windows 10?
- Two Ways to Format USB Flash Drive on PC/Mac
- Permanently Erase Data before Selling External Hard Drive
Data Erasure Tips
- Permanently Destroy or Erase Photos
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Wipe USB Drive Data
- How to Permanently Erase SD Card Data
- Wipe WD (western digital) External Hard Drive
- Permanently Wipe All Data from Mobile Phone SD Card
- Permanently Erase Data on Removable Hard Disk
- How to Permanently Wipe Memory Card Data?
- How to Destroy Data from Windows 7 Hard Drive?
- How to Wipe Window 8 Hard Drive Partition?
- Shred and Destroy Word, Excel, PowerPoint files
- Permanently Delete a File from the SD Card
- How to Wipe Windows 2000 Hard Drive Partition?
- Securely Erase Data from Samsung Portable Hard Drive
- How to Wipe Hard Drive in Windows Server 2019?