How to Restore Files after Cutting Files?
by Justin Kenny, 2015-11-07
"Hi, last week I cut some important files from my F drive to my USB drive. But unfortunately I lost my USB drive on the way to school. Can you tell me if I could restore those files from my F drive? Those files really very important, please help" – James Tiddy
We have received many emails that refer to how to restore files after cutting files from one place to another place (or from one device to another device). Most people know that can restore files after deletion or format, but not many of them know that the files which have been cut away also can be recovered. In our computer life, we cut files every day. It is the one of the most common operations when we use computer or digital device. We cut files from one location like hard drive, USB, digital device and paste the files to another location or device. But even the most common operation could result in loss of data.
Data Loss due to Cutting Files
You may lose your files due to the following reasons:
1. Unfinished cut-paste operation. You may lose files due to unfinished cut-paste operation, for example, you cut a file, but you forget paste it.
2. Deletion or format. For example, you paste the files to another drive or device, but you delete the files from the drive or device, or you format the drive or device without backup.
3. Your device is lost. When you cut files from your computer and paste to your storage device like USB drive, but then your storage device is lost.
Restore Files after Cutting files
For a common computer user, he even doesn't know he can restore the lost files after cutting files. Actually there are some solutions can help restore files after cutting files. Normally, we can restore these lost files from the location where you cut the files, we call it 'original drive'. For example, you can recover the files from F drive when you have cut files from F drive to your USB drive. A third-party tool for data recovery like DoYourData can help you restore files after cutting files from your original drive. Follow the three recovery steps, you will get your lost files back.
Step 1: Select the drive or device
Select the drive or device where you cut the files. Select the F drive as target drive, for instance, if you have cut files from F drive.
Step 2: Select file types
Select the file types that you want to recover. If you don't select, the program will find all lost types of files by default.
Step 3: Recover the files
Preview the recoverable files and save them on your drive or device.
- Recover Lost Files from Formatted Hard Drive
- How to Recover Deleted Files from Emptied Recycle Bin?
- Windows 10 Formatted Recovery Solution
- Recover Cut Files from External Hard Drive
- How to Recover Deleted Files from Samsung SSD?
- DIY Data Recovery Software
- Recover Lost Files after Reinstalling Windows Operating System
- WPS Office File Recovery Solution
- How to losslessly recover deleted Word document?
- How to Recover a File Replaced by another File with the Same Name?
Data Recovery Tips
- How to Recover Deleted Files from Home PC?
- Recover Lost Data from Corrupted Hard Drive
- Deleted or Lost Partition File Recovery
- How to Recover Deleted Files Which Were Deleted Long Time Ago?
- How to Recover Lost Data after Resizing C Drive?
- Affordable Data Recovery Software
- Seagate HDD Data Recovery
- How to Recover Lost Data from Formatted Hard Drive in Windows 8?
- Recover Lost Data from an Unrecognized External Hard Drive
- How to Recover Deleted Files after Cleaning up Recycle Bin?
- How to Recover Data When You Use exFAT File System?
- Recover Deleted Desktop Files
- Free Full Lexar Data Recovery Software
- Recover Lost Files from Crashed Hard Drive on Mac/Windows
- Windows Server 2016 Data Recovery Solution