How to Restore Lost Files in OS X Mountain Lion?
by Jill, 2016-01-25
It is a big problem when you lose your files without any file backup in OS X Mountain Lion. But you don't have to be disappointed by the idea of permanent losing your files from Mac Mountain Lion machines. In most cases, you can restore lost files in OS X Mountain Lion with data recovery program or other data recovery method. Here are three things you should do when you are going to restore files in OS X Mountain Lion.
1. Stop Writing New Data to Your Mac
Before the disk space occupied by the lost files is taken up by new files, you can recover the lost files with data recovery software for Mac. To ensure that you can get your files back from Mountain Lion Mac, you should stop write to your Mac Mountain Lion hard drive. How to do? How to avoid overwriting? It is simple. Just stop using your Mac, or shut it down.
When you install data recovery software on your Mountain Lion Mac, you'd better not install it on the drive where you lose your files. Sometimes, your Mac may get damaged or crashed completely, the best choice for you is sending your Mac device to a professional data recovery lab. Other cases like deletion, format, virus infection, volume loss can be rescued by yourself with Mountain Lion data recovery software.
2. Find the Right Mountain Lion Data Software
As I said above, in most cases you can restore lost files in OS X Mountain Lion with Mountain Lion data recovery software. DoYourData provides powerful yet easy Mountain Lion data recovery solution for you to restore files in Mountain Lion. DoYourData offers many of useful functions when you perform Mountain Lion data recovery.
- It offers both quick scan and deep scan for Mountain Lion data recovery. You can select the scan mode based on the data loss situation.
- DoYourData can recover all kinds of files including images, media files, documents, text files, emails from Mac, storage media etc.
- After scanning, the found files will be listed in three clear catalogues – Time, Path, File type to help you quickly locate your wanted files.
3. Three Steps to Restore Files in Mountain Lion
First of all, download and install DoYourData on your Mountain Lion Mac. Compared with other data recovery software, DoYourData is easier to use. The wizard-based interface will guide you restore lost files with ease. It takes only three main steps to get deleted or lost files back.
Step 1: Select the file types you want to recover.
Choose the file types you want to recover or just recover all types of lost files.
Step 2: Select the hard drive or device where you lose your files.
Choose the Mac hard drive, then click on Scan button to find deleted/lost files.
Step 3: Find and recover your files.
After scanning, you can preview all lost files. Then choose the wanted files and recover all of them.
You can run DoYourData on your Mountain Lion Mac to recover lost data from both local and external hard drive, as well as restore lost files from removable device like USB drive, SD card, Memory card, digital camera etc. For instance, when you plan to recover lost data from a USB drive, just connect it with your Mountain Lion Mac and run DoYourData to scan it. When the scanning process gets finished, you can easily recover your files.
Reliable Mac data recovery software to recover deleted, formatted or lost files from Mac or storage media.Download
Best iPhone data recovery software for Mac users to retrieve lost contacts, photos, videos, call history, SMS etc.Download
- How to Recover Data after Restoring a Mac to Factory Settings?
- Recover Lost Files after Erasing Mac Hard Drive
- Retrieve Missing Photos from iPhoto
- How to Recover Deleted Photos from Mac
- Mac Video Recovery Solution
- Recover Lost Data after Repartitioning Mac Hard Drive
- Recover Microsoft Word File on Mac
- Complete Raw Recovery Solution for Mac
- How to Recover Lost Files Deleted by Mac Cleaner?
- Recover Lost Files after Upgrading to macOS High Sierra
Mac Data Recovery
- Recover Deleted Files after Emptying Trash bin in macOS Mojave
- Recover Lost Files from Mac SSD
- MacBook Pro Data Recovery
- Recover Lost Files after Upgrading to OS X 10.11
- Recover Deleted or Lost Files from iMac
- Recover Lost Data from MacBook
- Recover Lost Data from Formatted Mac Disk or Volume
- Mac OS X 10.6 Data Recovery Free
- How to Unformat Mac Hard Drive
- Best Method for Mac 10.9 Mavericks File Recovery
- Recover Lost Files Due to Unfinished Cut or Copy in Mac OS
- Recover Formatted MacBook to Rescue Data
- Recover Deleted Duplicate Files/Folders on Mac
- Quick and Easy External Hard Drive Data Recovery in Mac OS Sierra
- Recover Deleted Desktop Items on Mac
- Undelete360 for Mac File Recovery
- How to Put Back Files from Emptied Trash Bin?
- Right Solution to Recover Lost 4k Videos on Mac
- Recover Deleted Files When the Files Are Not In the Mac Trash Bin
- How to Recover Deleted/Lost Movie Videos on Mac?