How to Recover Lost Desktop Files on Windows 8/8.1?
by Justin Kenny, 2016-07-22
“This morning my PC system crashed by accident when I was working on my project. After I restarted it, everything was fine except that all the documents on the desktop were disappeared. I opened the recycle bin, but couldn’t find the lost desktop files. The operating system is Windows 8. Could tell me how to recover the lost desktop files?” – Marius
Can we recover deleted/lost desktop files on Windows 8/8.1 PC? The answer is YES. Many Windows 8/8.1 users store frequently used files on desktop. Before finding the solution to recover desktop files under Windows 8 or 8.1, let’s see the reasons that can cause desktop file loss on Windows 8/8.1. Here are some reasons:
- Deleting desktop files on desktop on Windows 8/8.1 and emptying the recycle bin.
- Formatting the hard drive that has installed the operating system.
- System error or system update.
- System crash.
- Reinstalling the Windows 8/8.1.
- Virus infection.
- Power failure.
How to Recover Desktop Files under Windows 8/8.1?
When the files get lost from the Windows 8/8.1 desktop, you’d better recover the files immediately. Before the disk space of the lost desktop files is overwritten by other files, you can easily get them back with data recovery software. The desktop files are prone to be overwritten because we always create new files on the desktop.
Data recovery software can easily recover deleted or lost desktop files before the disk space of the desktop files is completely overwritten by new files. DoYourData data recovery software is one of the most powerful data recovery software. It is fully capable of recovering deleted/lost desktop files on Windows 8/8.1 PC. It also can recover deleted Windows 10 desktop files, and recover deleted/lost desktop files from Mac hard drive.
You don’t worry about how to use DoYourData. It is extremely simple to use. No pro skills, no previous experience required. Even the most newbie can easily use it to recover lost desktop files on Windows 8/8.1. Here are the main steps of recovery desktop files on Windows 8/8.1.
1. Select Hard Drive to Scan.
DoYourData can recover lost files from any of hard disk drive or storage media. When you are going to recover desktop files on Windows 8/8.1, you should choose the drive “Desktop” or “C Drive”. Then move to the next step.
2. Select File Types.
DoYourData can recover all kinds of lost files including photos, documents, folders, videos, icons, audio, archives and more from your desktop. If you only want to recover specific file types, just select them at this step. Then click on “Scan” button to scan the desktop to find your lost files.
Scanning hard drive
3. Preview and Recovery.
When the scanning gets finished, you can easily preview the recoverable files. Then select the files you want to recover, then click on “Recover” button to save them on your hard drive. You’d better not save them on the desktop, just save them on other hard drive in case that the saved files would overwrite your lost desktop files.
It is very easy to recover deleted/lost desktop files on Windows 8/8.1 with the help of DoYourData software. It is a complete DIY tool. Whenever you lose your desktop files on Windows 8/8.1 PC, you can run it to easily get your files back.
- Recover Lost Files from Formatted Hard Drive
- How to Recover Deleted Files from Emptied Recycle Bin?
- Windows 10 Formatted Recovery Solution
- Recover Cut Files from External Hard Drive
- How to Recover Deleted Files from Samsung SSD?
- DIY Data Recovery Software
- Recover Lost Files after Reinstalling Windows Operating System
- WPS Office File Recovery Solution
- How to losslessly recover deleted Word document?
- How to Recover a File Replaced by another File with the Same Name?
Data Recovery Tips
- How to Recover Deleted Files from Home PC?
- Recover Lost Data from Corrupted Hard Drive
- Deleted or Lost Partition File Recovery
- How to Recover Deleted Files Which Were Deleted Long Time Ago?
- How to Recover Lost Data after Resizing C Drive?
- Affordable Data Recovery Software
- Seagate HDD Data Recovery
- How to Recover Lost Data from Formatted Hard Drive in Windows 8?
- Recover Lost Data from an Unrecognized External Hard Drive
- How to Recover Deleted Files after Cleaning up Recycle Bin?
- How to Recover Data When You Use exFAT File System?
- Recover Deleted Desktop Files
- Free Full Lexar Data Recovery Software
- Recover Lost Files from Crashed Hard Drive on Mac/Windows
- Windows Server 2016 Data Recovery Solution